What does the AIG Third Party Motor Insurance cover?
This policy covers:
- Accidental, fire damage or theft of your vehicle
- Death of or bodily injury to the third party
- Third party property loss or damage
Duration of cover is for one year and renewable upon policy expiry.
How much premium do I have to pay?
The total premium that you have to pay depends on the following factors
- The cubic capacity of the vehicle and the sum insured
- Our underwriting requirements which will look into your age, gender and marital status, location, and the age of your vehicle.
- Your claims experience, usually reflected by your No Claims Discount entitlement or the additional cover you select.
What are some key terms and conditions that I should be aware of?
Terms and conditions are subject to Malaysian Motor Tariff and our internal underwriting guidelines.
- You must disclose all material facts such as previous accidents and modification to engines
- You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the appropriate amount.
- You have to maintain your vehicle in a roadworthy condition.
- Motor Insurance is a Cash Before Cover policy. You have to make payment for issuance of cover note & policy before coverages takes effect.
What should I do in the event of a third party claim?
In the event of a third party claim, please do not discuss the issue of liability with any third party or his/her/their representatives and no compromise or settlement is to be made or arrived at without AIG Malaysia Insurance's knowledge and consent. All correspondences received in connection with a road accident shall be forwarded to AIG Malaysia Insurance unacknowledged and AIG Malaysia Insurance will make the appropriate acknowledgement on your behalf.