What does the AIG Third Party Motor Insurance cover?
The AIG Third Party Motor Insurance policy covers:
- Accidental, fire damage or theft of your vehicle
- Death of or bodily injury to the third party
- Third party property loss or damage
Duration of cover is for one year and renewable upon policy expiry.
The motor insurance premium
The total premium of the motor insurance that you have to pay depends on the following factors
- The cubic capacity of the vehicle and the sum insured
- Our underwriting requirements will look into your age, gender and marital status, location, and the age of your vehicle.
- Your claims experience, usually reflected by your No Claims Discount entitlement or the additional cover you select.
Take note of these terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are subject to Malaysian Motor Tariff and our internal underwriting guidelines.
- You must disclose all material facts such as previous accidents and modification to engines
- You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the appropriate amount.
- You have to maintain your vehicle in a roadworthy condition.
- Motor Insurance is a Cash Before Cover policy. You have to make payment for the issuance of cover note & policy before your coverage takes effect.
What should I do in the event of a third party claim?
In the event of a third party claim, please do not discuss the issue of liability with any third party or his/her/their representatives and no compromise or settlement is to be made or arrived at without AIG Malaysia Insurance's knowledge and consent.
All correspondences received in connection with a road accident shall be forwarded to AIG Malaysia Insurance unacknowledged and the company will make the appropriate acknowledgment on your behalf.