Berjaya Sompo Private Motor Insurance - comprehensive protection
Berjaya Sompo Private Motor Insurance is comprehensive car insurance that will protect you and your finances because of any damage or loss to your car due to a road accident, fire, or theft.
Additionally, any harm or damage you cause to third parties will be covered.
You may be confident with your driving, but some situations just cannot be avoided - how are you going to prevent your car from being stolen while you're away on holiday?
Or if other motorists are being negligent on the road?
To avoid draining your finances in the future, apply for this car insurance online!
You may pay a little now to avoid paying a fortune later.
What kind of vehicles can I insure with this policy?
There are two types of vehicles you can get insured with this comprehensive motor insurance policy, which are private cars and motorcycles - used for own use only, whether for business or pleasure.
Bear in mind that you cannot be covered under the following circumstances:
- When you provide your vehicle for hire
- Used for racing on the road, especially those illegal ones!
- Used for any purpose in the Motor Trade
The car and motorcycle insurance optional benefits
If you're concerned about a cracked windscreen or your passenger's safety, you can apply for additional benefits listed below:
- Windscreen damage
- Liability for any injury or death caused to passengers
- Damage due to natural disasters such as flood and landslide
- Vehicle Accessories such as stereo system and seats
- Current Year No-claim-discount, only applicable for private cars)
- Compensation for long repair periods in the workshop (for both private and commercial cars)
How are my premium payments determined?
Your total motor insurance premium payment will vary depending on the total sum insured (be careful not to under or over-insure your vehicle!), engine size, and no-claim-discount entitlement, among other factors to be considered during the underwriting process.
Remember that your rates will be based on a risk assessment meaning, your details as the driver will be taken into account as well.
Do I have to pay an excess to Berjaya Sompo for accident claims?
Yes, for new 'P' licensed drivers, or if you're an uninsured driver of the car, you will have to pay RM400 for any motor claims made to Berjaya Sompo.