What is the HSBC Comprehensive Car Insurance all about?
The HSBC Comprehensive Car Insurance will provide you financial protection against the following unfortunate events:
- Loss or damage to your own vehicle due to accidental fire, theft, or accident.
- Your liability or your any insured drivers' liability to third parties for bodily injury, death, property loss or damage.
What does the HSBC Comprehensive Car Insurance cover?
- You'll be covered for a variety of situations on and off there road:
- Breakage of glass in windscreen, window and sunroof
- Passenger liability cover
- Strike, riot, and civil commotion
- Current year NCD relief
- Vehicle accessories
How do I decide what value to insure my car for?
For a new vehicle, the value chosen should be the purchase price. For older vehicles, you should insure for the 'market value'. Car magazines or your local dealer are a good source of information on this.
Can I still enjoy no loading/ excess if I have made claims before?
It depends. Different terms may have to be applied if you have made claims during the past 3 years. The most commonly used loading factors are your age, cubic capacity (engine CC), specific claims experience of your vehicle and re-conditioned vehicles. The insurance company can apply a loading on you to ensure that the amount charged measures up with the risk borne.
How long will my claim take to process?
Once all the necessary documentation has been obtained and there are no outstanding matters, AXA aim to provide payment within 10 working days. For further assistance, please call AXA Customer Service at 03-2170 8282 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) or email AXA. Please expect a reply within 1 working day.