What is Kurnia Third Party Fire and Theft Motor Insurance about?
This third party fire and theft insurance protection from Kurnia will provide you financial protection against legal liability arising from both bodily injury and property damage to any third party, be it another motorist or just a casual street walker.
This plan includes protection for damage caused by an accident with another car or motorbike, fire damage, and when your car is completely missing it's parts or in full because of theft.
What type of vehicles does this motor insurnace policy cover?
You can insure any type of vehicle with Kurnia, whether you're planning to run a business or just want coverage for your personal car to send the kids and go to work.
- Private vehicles such as cars, vans, and four-wheel drives.
- Good-carrying vehicles such as commercial goods carrying vehicle with "A" and "C" permit, also petroleum, diesel and bitumen tankers, LPG long trailer and low loader with "A" and "C" permit.
- Other type of vehicle including taxis, buses, motorcycles, tractors, and mobile cranes.
How will Kurnia compensate for my stolen car?
Your vehicle theft claim is settled based on the market value of the vehicle during the time of loss, or the sum you have your car insured for with Kurnia, whichever is lower. This means, if your vehicle is under-insured, the settlement will be based on the sum insured.
Likewise, if your vehicle is over-insured, the settlement will then depend on the current market value. Unfortunately, no compensation will be given for loss of personal belongings such as cash or valuable items left in the vehicle.
How is my premium calculated?
Your premium is calculated according to the Motor Tariff prescribed by Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia ( PIAM) based on the following attributes:
- Use of vehicle (Private Car, Goods Carrying Vehicle, Buses, Taxis, etc)
- Cubic capacity / Carrying Capacity
- Age of vehicle
- NCD Allowed
- Sum Insured
- No. of Authorized Drivers