What can I get from Liberty Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance?
While it is required by the law to get an insurance for your vehicle, you can always get one that is affordable and meet your basic needs.
Enjoy all the benefits below at a cheaper rate compared to a comprehensive motor insurance plan:
- Flexible payment option: You have three options to choose from when making your insurance premium payment every year - cash, credit card, or cheque.
- Fire and theft protection: You will get compensated up to RM20,000 if your vehicle got stolen or ruined by merciless fire!
- Liability cover: If you have ACCIDENTALLY damaged a third party property, injured or caused death to a third party, Liberty Insurance has got your back. You will be compensated up to RM3,000,000 for damage to third party's property and an unlimited amount for bodily injury or death to third party.
Who is eligible to apply for this insurance?
If you live permanently in Malaysia, aged between 18 to 70 years old, and have a valid driver's license you're defintely eligible to apply for this car insurance plan.
What are the exclusions under this policy?
Being a third party insurance plan, it does not cover damage to your own vehicle and to your goodself. In addition, any warlike operations, rebellion, civil car or acts of terrorism are excluded.
Got into a serious car crash while trying to beat your idol, Paul Walker or reenacting a scene from Fast and Furious? Liberty Insurance is definitely going to keep their hands off that.
You are also not covered for your liability against claims from passengers in your vehicle. However, this can be included in your policy by paying some extra premium.
How much do I have to pay for this insurance?
In the end, it all boils down to the cost. The total premium is very much depending on your vehicle type, vehicle cubic capacity, age of vehicle, past claims experience, no-claim-discount entitlement and other factors. Below is the illustration of premium calculation:
Private car: Basic premium is 75% of comprehensive premium
- Standard cover: RM599.63 premium for sums insured of RM20,000 (1.6cc)
- NCD Entitlement: 55%
- Goods and Services Tax: 6%
- Total premium to be paid: RM296.02