What is the Pacific & Orient Comprehensive Motor Insurance all about?
This policy provides insurance against loss or damage to your vehicle, liability to third parties for bodily injury or death and damage to third parties’ property.
What are the benefits provided?
The benefits provided under this policy are as follows:
- The total liability for third party bodily injury and death is unlimited, however the total liability is limited to RM3 million for third party property loss or damage in respect to one claim or series of claims arising out of one even
- This policy will cover for the person’s legal representatives for liability covered following the death of the person
- This policy will cover for the legal cost up to maximum of RM2,000 for defense of any charge including the charge of causing death by driving the vehicle
Duration of cover is for one year. You need to renew the insurance cover annually.
Is there a service for car breakdown or towing?
Yes there is. As a private car owner who subscribed to Pacific & Orient Comprehensive Motor Insurance, you are automatically enrolled into P&O Auto Assistance Service for FREE, which provides a slew of benefits your car cannot afford to miss such as:
- Free towing charges up to RM350 in case of accident and breakdown;
- Free emergency roadside assistance;
- Free emergency petrol delivery; and
- Emergency Evacuation Assistance, among others.
How much premium do I have to pay?
The total premium that you have to pay consist of the standard coverage premium amount and additional coverage requested, and may vary depending on the no-claim-discount ( NCD) entitlement and the underwriting requirements of the insurance company.
The standard coverage premium amount is calculated in accordance with the Motor Tariff and is determined based on the following criteria:
- Type of vehicle
- Engine capacity of the motorcycle
- Sum insured
- All riders
Can I cancel my policy?
Yes, you may at any time by giving a written notice to Pacific & Orient Berhad. You have 7 days from the date of cancellation to surrender your certificate of insurance to Pacific & Orient Berhad. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium based on short-period rates, where any minimum premium paid exceeding 8 months under the policy is non-refundable.