About Pacific & Orient Comprehensive Motor Insurance
The Pacific & Orient Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy provides insurance against loss or damage to your vehicle, liability to third parties for bodily injury or death and damage to third parties’ property.
The benefits of this car insurance
The benefits provided under this car insurance policy are as follows:
- The total liability for third party bodily injury and death is unlimited, however, the total liability is limited to RM3 million for third party property loss or damage in respect to one claim or series of claims arising out of one even
- This policy will cover for the person’s legal representatives for liability covered following the death of the person
- This policy will cover for the legal cost up to maximum of RM2,000 for defense of any charge including the charge of causing death by driving the vehicle
Duration of cover is for one year. You need to renew the insurance cover annually.
Is there a service for car breakdown or towing?
Yes, there is.
As a private car owner who subscribed to this comprehensive car insurance, you are automatically enrolled into P&O Auto Assistance Service for FREE, which provides a slew of benefits your car cannot afford to miss such as:
- Free towing charges up to RM350 in case of accident and breakdown;
- Free emergency roadside assistance;
- Free emergency petrol delivery; and
- Emergency Evacuation Assistance, among others.
How much is the motor insurance premium?
The total motor insurance premium that you have to pay consists of the standard coverage premium amount and additional coverage requested and may vary depending on the no-claim-discount (NCD) entitlement and the underwriting requirements of the insurance company.
This premium will also be calculated based on several risk assessment factors including some driver details;
- Type of vehicle
- Engine capacity
- Sum insured
- Age of Driver
- Gender of Driver
- Occupation or Education of Driver
- Place of Residence
- Driver claim history
Can I cancel my Pacific & Orient insurance policy?
Yes, you may at any time by giving written notice to Pacific & Orient Berhad.
You have 7 days from the date of cancellation to surrender your certificate of insurance to Pacific & Orient Berhad.
Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the Pacific & Orient Comprehensive Motor Insurance premium based on short-period rates, where any minimum premium paid exceeding 8 months under the policy is non-refundable.