About QBE Private Car Comprehensive Insurance
The QBE Private Car Comprehensive Insurance covers the following:
- Liabilities to a third party i.e. bodily injury, death, and property damage
- Loss or damage to your vehicle, its accessories, and spare parts due to accidents, fire, and theft
What are the optional benefits of this car insurance?
Want an even more Comprehensive cover for your wheels? Consider these optional benefits!
Windscreen cover - this requires an additional 15% of your sum insured
Legal liability of passengers - RM7.50 is charged per vehicle
All riders - this is only available for motorcycles. 50% of loading of Basic Premium is applicable.
Legal liability to passengers - 25% from the Third Party Premium plan is charged.
Strike, riot, and civil commotion - 0.3% of your sum insured goes to this optional benefit
Acts of nature e.g. flood, typhoon, landslide etc - this takes up an extra 0.5% of your sum insured
Additional named driver - RM10 per person is charged for the 3rd authorized driver onwards
Fees and charges
On top of your car insurance premium, 10% of your premium is charged as commission to your insurance agent and a RM10 stamp duty is applicable.
Comprehensive car insurance key terms and conditions
- Importance of disclosure: You must disclose all material facts such as previous accidents and modification to engines. Failure to disclose material facts or advise on the modifications may result in claims not being paid or a reduction in the claim payment.
- You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the appropriate amount.
- The excess, that is the amount of loss you have to bear if your vehicle is driven by a person not named in your policy.
- Claims procedures: A written notice should be submitted to your insurance agent within 30 days of the accident.
- Cash Before Cover (CBC) Basis: This means that you have to pay before your cover commences.
QBE car insurance major exclusions
This QBE car insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident
- If the vehicle is driven whilst under the influence of alcohol or drug
- Consequential losses of any nature
- Motor sports or competition
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the sample policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.