About QBE Private Car Comprehensive Insurance
The QBE Private Car Comprehensive Insurance covers the following:
- Liabilities to a third party i.e. bodily injury and death, including property loss or damage
- Loss or damage to your own vehicle due to accidents, fire, and theft
What are the extra benefits of this car insurance?
Want an even more comprehensive cover for your wheels? Consider these extra benefits!
- Windscreen, windows and sunroof cover: QBE will pay the cost to repair or replace without affecting the NCD entitlement in your policy
- Legal liability of passengers for negligent acts: You can extend to cover the legal liability incurred by any passenger in your card
- Current year NCD relief: QBE will compensate you for the amount of the current year NCD you may forfeit due to a claim made with this policy
- Inclusion of special perils: You can extend to cover the damage to your car caused by flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, volcanic eruption, earthquake, landslide, landslip, subsidence or sinking of the soil or other convulsions of nature
- Legal liability to passengers: You can extend to cover yourself or your authorised driver's liability to your passengers in your car
- Strike, riot and civil commotion: You can extend to cover the damage to your car
- Out-of-pocket allowance: You can reimburse the loss of use of your car due to an accident, hotel accommodation reimbursement in the event of an accident to your car, and a spray painting of your car as a whole
- Special perils first loss: You can extend to cover the damage to your car caused by flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, volcanic eruption, earthquake, landslide, landslip, subsidence or sinking of the soil or other convulsions of nature, up to the selected insured amount
- Cleaning cost due to flood: QBE will pay the cost for cleaning in the event your car sustains water damage due to flooding, flash flood, overflowing of waterways, drains, rivers or mudslides
- Driver passenger protector: Please find out more details about this extra benefit on QBE Private Car Protector Brochure here
Comprehensive private car insurance key terms and conditions
- Importance of disclosure: You must disclose all material facts such as previous accidents and modification to engines. Failure to disclose material facts or advise on the modifications may result in claims not being paid or a reduction in the claim payment.
- You must ensure that your vehicle is insured at the appropriate amount.
- Claims procedures: A written notice should be submitted to your insurance agent within 30 days of the accident.
QBE Comprehensive Private Car Insurance major exclusions
This QBE car insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident
- If the vehicle is driven whilst under the influence of alcohol or drug
- Consequential losses of any nature
- Motor sports or competition
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the sample policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.