What does the RHB Comprehensive Private Car Insurance has to offer?
You will get the best protection for your car whenever you find yourself in a tight situation where you have caused injury or death to other people on the road including if you've damaged their property in the process!
Of course, a comprehensive motor insurance won't ever be complete with coverage for your own car, due to a motor accident, fire related damage, or when you car is stolen. Duration of cover is for 1 year. You will need to renew your insurance cover each year.
How about optional motor benefits I can purchase?
To make sure you have maximum protection for your vehicle, you can add-on the following benefits:
• Coverage for windshield damage - falling trees during a severe monsoon?
• Coverage for liability towards your car passangers - what? You except they'd shut up when they suffering from a broken leg and arm?
• Special Perils protection for your vehicle for damage caused by natural disasters such as flood, rainstorm, or landslide.
• Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion
What are some of the key motor insurance terms and conditions that I should know?
When purchasing an auto insurance, it is to your own advantage to disclose all material facts to your insurance agent. Said who? Said Section 149(4) of the Insurance Act 1996 of course! To make sure you claims are approved in the future, do provide your history of previous claims or accidents, modification of vehicle engines and so on.
To get the coverage that you deserve, an IOU letter to pay for your premiums will not guarantee you of your protection. Remember, the Cash Before Cover basis states that you will only receive the service once you have paid your premium. Also, remember to set aside RM400 as your excess amount. This is the amount of loss you have to bear if your vehicle is driven by a person not named in your policy.
What are the major exclusions under this policy?
This policy does not cover certain losses, such as:
• Your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident
• Your liability against claims from passengers in your vehicle; and
• Loss, damage or liability arising from an act of nature, i.e. flood, storm or landslide.