Launched by Manchester United legend, Peter Schmeichel, the new Maybank Manchester United Visa Infinite credit card is the first ever Manchester United co-branded premium card in the world. For such high stakes, what does the MU Visa Infinite offer?
Embrace Your Inner Red Devil
The card features some very unique Manchester United centric benefits but for the average perks, the moment your card is approved and activated, you get an automatic 10,000 Treatspoints. The usual TreatsPoints earning system applies: spending locally gives you 2 Treats Points for every RM1 and 5x Treats Points for every RM1 spent overseas. Also, you can enjoy 1x Treats Point on all transactions for petrol, utilities, education, insurance, EzyPay and EzyPay PLUS
And now for the special Manchester United benefits:
- Get invited to special Manchester United Golf Days where you get to play a round of golf with a Manchester United Legend as well as post match dining.*
- A private Stadium tour at Old Trafford given by a Manchester United Legend as well as a three-course meal after.*
- Match Day Player t-shirts, worn and signed by a Manchester United player in the Premier League.*
- VIP treatment everytime you travel to Old Trafford for a match – including business class tickets, hotel upgrades, and dine with Manchester United legends.*
- 10% discount on United Online Megastore and Outlet.
- 10% discount at Red Café, Old Trafford.
- 20% discount on Manchester United Museum and Stadium tours.
- 5x Treats Points everytime Manchester United wins a premier league match.
Items marked are only available by invitation.
You can expect all the usual premium card benefits (that Maybank offers) with the Manchester United Visa Infinite such as:
- Travel insurance coverage up to RM2 million.
- Golf privileges at overseas and local golf clubs.
- Visa Infinite 24 hour customer service.
- 5x Free Access at Plaza Premium Lounge.
- Visa Airport Speed Pass.
- 5x Treatspoints on groceries.
- 1x Treatpoint on petrol, utilities, education, insurance, EzyPay and EzyPay PLUS.
Experience Live Music
Are you a fan of the classics such as Beethoven and Mozart? How about Bach or Chopin? Experience your favourites from the best seats with the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO)! Enjoy great savings on tickets with your new Maybankard:
- 50% savings on tickets purchase for Gambus Suite
- 20% savings on Premium Seats for all concerts
- 15% savings on other Category Seats for all concerts
- Complimentary spread of finger food and beverages at the Gambus Suite.
To make reservations, just walk in topurchase at Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS Box Office. Bookings must be made at least 7 days in advance. Online payment is not available for discounts and concessions.
Fees, charges, and interest rates
The card comes free of annual fee for the first year but subsequent years are charged RM800 which can be waived if you swiped more than RM50,000 on the card per year. Supplementary cards are exempt from annual fees.
The interest rate is tiered and starts at 15% for prompt repayment for 12/12 months, 17% for prompt repayment 10/12 months and 18% for prompt repayment less than 10 months.
Cash advances are charged at 18% per annum with an initial transaction fee of 5%.
I am sold - how do I get one?
The minimum income requirement of the Manchester United Visa Infinite is RM180,000 per year and is open to both Malaysians and expatriates who are current Maybank account holders.