What is the Hong Leong Basic Current Account?
The Hong Leong basic current account is a non interest bearing current account offering cheque book facility. In addition to the use of cheque book facility, account holders can also benefit from the convenience of internet bank via Hong Leong Connect and phone banking via Hong Leong bank's hotline @ 1800-38-8888. Account holders can conduct transactions such as interbank transfer, account balance verification and bill payment via these services.
What are the terms and conditions associated with this Current Account?
- Applicants may be either Malaysian citizens, permanent residents or foreigners who have valid documentation and are at least 18 years of age.
- This account is not just for individuals but also for societies, sole proprietors, partnerships, associations and clubs.
- The account can be held under a single name or two names as a joint account
- A minimum deposit of RM500 is required
- An introducer is required to open this account
What are the fees and charges associated with this Current Account?
There is a half yearly charge of RM10 if the half yearly account balance falls below RM1,000. Early closure of the account within 3 months will result in a penalty of RM20.