What do I get from Public Bank PLUS Current Account-i?
Opening a Public Bank current account serves you a host of banking benefits. First of all, you will need a minimum deposit of RM3,000 to open a PLUS Current Account-i.
Upon successful opening, you will be issued with an ATM card, which also functions as a debit card where you can use to pay for your purchases.
Most importantly, you can also cheque book facility as another form of payment, besides debit card and cash. Cheque book is usually well accepted among business individuals.
Is this a profit-bearing current account?
You’re right. Public Bank PLUS Current Account-i is a Shariah compliant current account that gives hibah (gift) every month based on the amount you deposit. The more you place money into this current account, the higher the hibah rate.
What are the fees and charges I should know?
These are few but significant fees and charges you should be aware of:
- Half yearly Service Charge: RM10.00, regardless of amount of daily balances
- Early Account Closure: RM20, if closed within 6 months of opening
- Cheque Processing Fee: RM0.50 per leaf, plus RM0.15 Stamp Duty
- Dishonoured Cheque: RM150, due to insufficient funds
- Stop Payment Cheque: RM15.00, upon instruction
Is it safe to keep my money in this current account?
Absolutely, 100% no doubt about it. Your hard-earned savings placed in this current account is protected for up to RM250,000 under the Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia.
How to open a Public Bank current account?
To open a current account with Public Bank, you need to have an introducer who maintains a current or savings account with Public Bank for more than 12 months and not a bankrupt person.
When opening the current account, your introducer must sign the application form. You are also required to bring along the following documents:
- MyKad or Passport
- For a non-resident individual, he/she must produce a valid work permit or a student pass/letter of referral from a college/institute.
For Self Employed
- MyKad or Passport
- Business Registration Certificates (Form A & B)
- Business License (Form D)
- Certificate of Incorporate
- Business License
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Latest Form 24 & Form 49 (Companies Act, 1965)
- Resolution of the Company's Board of Directors (duly certified by the Chairman and the Secretary of the Company)