What is RHB Islamic Premier Qard Current Account-i about?
It is an exclusive checking account based on the Islamic principal of Qard. Any individuals aged 18 years and above can apply for this Islamic current account, subject to terms and conditions such as follows:
- Have a minimum of RM200,000 in deposit, investment of bancassurance within RHB Group, of which RM10,000 must be placed in Current Account or Savings Account
- Must maintain a balance of RM10,000 at anytime in RHB / RHB Islamic CASA; or investment or bancassurance within RHB Group; or a minimum approved Home Financing Facility amounting to RM1,000,000.
For joint account, the signing condition must be "Either One To Sign".
What benefits can I get from Premier Qard Current Account-i?
Besides the flexibility to managing your cash daily, over the ATMs or online banking facility via RHB Now, you will also be issued with a personalized and special design Cheque Book as well as a Platinum debit card.
That's not all, you will also be the first to receive many benefits and privileges under RHB Islamic Bank Premier Banking Programme, in addition to preferential rates, products and services.
What are the fees and charges I should know?
These are few but significant fees and charges you should be aware of:
- Half yearly Service Charge: RM10.60, if average balance fall below RM1,000
- Early Account Closure: RM20, if closed within 6 months of opening
- Debit Card Annual Fee: RM8
- Cheque Processing Fee: RM0.53 per leaf, plus RM0.15 Stamp Duty
- Dishonoured Cheque: RM159, due to insufficient funds
- Stop Payment Cheque: RM10.60, upon instruction
- GST: 6%, where applicable
Is my money protected under PIDM?
Absolutely. Your deposit will be protected under PIDM for up to RM250,000.