What is the difference between Current Account and Savings Account?
Both are deposit accounts whereby you can keep your money in a trusted hand of the bank. Current Account, particularly, provides you more freedom in managing your cash flow daily.
Some Current Accounts allow for you to borrow cash up to a certain limit even though you have used up all of your deposit. To open a Current Account, however, requires you to have a big enough capital or be a Premier banking customer.
What can I get from RHB Islamic Qard Current Account-i?
When you decide to open a RHB Islamic Qard Current Account-i, you will be issued with a cheque book so that you can perform cash withdrawals and payments.
In extension to that, you will also receive an Islamic debit card for free. If you wish to have an unlimited free cash withdrawal all year round, you can opt to pay an annual fee of RM8.48.
That’s not all, you can manage your cash, perform bill payments and fund transfers more effortlessly with an online banking account via RHB Now.
Who can apply for this RHB Islamic Qard Current Account-i?
This Islamic current account can be opened by individuals and business entities, organizations as well as government. If you are 18 years old and above and have RM1,000 in deposit in you pocket, you can apply right away.
What are the fees and charges I should know?
These are few but significant fees and charges you should be aware of:
- Half yearly Service Charge: RM10, if average balance fall below RM1,000
- Early Account Closure: RM20, if closed within 6 months of opening
- Debit Card Annual Fee: RM8 (optional for unlimited ATM and OTC transactions)
- Cheque Processing Fee: RM0.53 per leaf, plus RM0.15 Stamp Duty
- Dishonoured Cheque: RM159, due to insufficient funds
- Stop Payment Cheque: RM20, upon instruction
- GST: 6%, where applicable
Is my money protected under PIDM?
Absolutely. Your deposit will be protected under PIDM for up to RM250,000.