What do I need to know about the Standard Chartered JustOne Personal Account?
The JustOne Personal Current Account is part of JustOne Personal Account, which also includes the JustOne Savings Account and Just One Overdraft.
It is interest bearing with a cheque book deposit account. You can also enjoy free perks and benefits if you can meet the minimum requirements.
What are the benefits offered and what are the terms associated with it?
The benefits on JustOne Personal Current Account are:
- Fee waiver for withdrawals at any MEPS ATMs and HOUSe ATMs nationwide.
- Fee waiver for fund transfers via Standard Chartered ATMs.
- Free fund transfers via Standard Chartered Online Banking.
- Complimentary Debit Card.
- Get additional 1% on your JustOne Savings balance
All you need to do is to deposit at least RM 1500 every month into your JustOne account. If you do not fulfill the monthly deposit on a particular month, the bank will charge normal fees for your MEPS and HOUSe ATM withdrawals, which is at RM 4 and RM1 respectively.
This account also comes with JustOne overdraft.
How does the overdraft facility work on the Just One Personal Current Account?
The overdraft is unsecured and automated only for Just One Personal Account holders. The credit limit is RM1000 and there are no set-up fees, commitment fees or additional monthly fees.
You will be charge interest only on the utilized amount and you can either choose to pay in full or pay the minimum amount of either 5% of the outstanding balance or RM 25, whichever is higher every month.
Of course, this automated overdraft is subject to meeting the banks’ approval.
How do I apply for the Standard Chartered JustOne Personal Current Account?
To apply for this account, all you need is your identification card. No minimum deposit is required and you do not need an introducer.
How does this account stand out compared to other current accounts in Malaysia?
- It is an 'All-In-One' account that comes with Savings, Checking and Overdraft.
- You get a consolidated e-statement highlighting all your current balances and transactions which you can download online or have the bank email it to you every month for free!
- The overdraft facility is automated and instant so you can avoid paying a penalty on cheques returned due to insufficient funds.
- You can also sign up for mastersweep, which links other accounts to JustOne, to cover insufficient funds and to avoid cheques being returned.
- Convenient with online and phone banking serivces.
- Get a free Standard Chartered debit card
- No monthly service fee