What is Maybank eFixed Deposit?
This is a fully online fixed deposit ( FD) account with a tenure of up to 60 months. Easy application can be done via Maybank2u or Maybank2u Mobile App. New placements and withdrawals can be made in real time anywhere, anytime.
How difference is this online account from a normal fixed deposit?
Quite a few actually, and all for your added convenience:
- Account creation can be done with Maybank2u and processed by the branch the following working day
- You won't be given a certificate, but will be given an 8-digit reference number ending with 'E' instead.
- Placement can be made by debiting cash from your linked account to Maybank2u.com
Is early withdrawal allowed for this FD?
Sure you can, but you will have to forgo some of the potential interest profit!
- If you withdraw within 3 months of placement, you will not be given a single cent in profit.
- If withdrawal is made after 3 months, you will only be paid half for the interest earned for the completed periods.
Who can apply for this account with Maybank?
You will have to be an existing Maybank account holder as a joint account holder or sole proprietor.
What is the minimum deposit I will need?
For 1-month placement, you will need at least RM5,000. For 2 months and above, you will need a lower amount, which is RM1,000.