What do I need to know about Public Bank Golden 50 Plus FD Account?
Public Bank Golden 50 Plus FD Account is a Fixed Deposit account for folks the over fifties. There are two packages to choose from, a short-term deposit of up to twelve months, and a long term deposit with a minimum investment period of fifteen months. Both packages offer roughly the same benefits and great interest rates, only the long term deposit offers monthly interest payments.
What are the benefits of this fixed deposit account?
There are some really cool value-added benefits with Golden 50 Plus:
- 50% discount on rental and renewal of a safe deposit box
- 50% discount for will writing or creating a Trust with PB Trustee Services Berhad
- discount on the PB's sale rates for purchase of foreign currency
- Current account opening with zero service charge
- Up to 25% discount on insurance products with Lonpac Insurance Berhad up - includes Traveller Personal Accident Insurance, Householders Insurance and Golfers Insurance
How do I open a Public Bank Golden 50 Plus FD Account?
You will need to have a Savings or Current Account with Public Bank. After that it's all just too easy - all you need is a deposit of RM1!
Is this deposit account protected?
Yes, this deposit is covered in the event that you lose your investments due to the bank’s negligence.