What's great about the Hong Leong Assurance C. Care Plan?
This is a health protection insurance by Hong Leong Assurance to provide comprehensive coverage for all stages of Cancer and financial protection for death or permanent total disability. You can make multiple cancer claims.
Tell me more about the cancer coverage?
This C. Care Plan will help you regain your financial footing when you are diagnosed for all stages of Cancer from the very early stages, up to the most critical stages, and allows accumulated claims up to 300% your sum assured. For example, if you've been diagnosed with very early stage breast cancer you can claim for up to 50% of your sum assured, 150% for early stage, and an accumulated amount of 300% your sum assured during the advance stage.
With that said, you will be paid lump sum cash when you need it the most, and not just once! If you wish to claim for subsequent diagnosis of the same cancer type or same organ, you will actually be entitled to higher benefits.
How about death and disability benefits?
100% of your sum assured can be payout out to you or your nominee in the event of your death or total disability (before turning 65) whether or not you've claimed for your cancer treatment.
However, not a single sen will be payed out if you, the assured, commits suicide within 12 months of your insurance issue date. As for the total and permanent disability payout, you won't be entitled if your injuries are self-inflicted, due to mental illness, flying a plane, or from a high risk job such as being in the armed forces or police.
What is the maximum sum assured for this critical illness plan?
There are 3 different plans available for the Hong Leong Assurance C. Care Plan, with differing sum assured limits. You can choose a sum assured plan of up to RM25,000, RM50,000, or a maximum of RM100,000. Each plan will allow you to receive for up to 3x the assured amount for recurring cancer claims.
How much premium must I pay?
The total premium that you have to pay will vary depending on the plan chosen, how long you want to be protected, your age when you sign-up, and gender.
How do I make a claim to Hong Leong?
When making a claim, you will need to get ready a written notice to Hong Leong Assurance Berhad. You must include the date of the event, diagnosis details, the cause, and place of the event.
What are the exclusions for Hong Leong Assurance C. Care Plan?
- Pre-existing condition.
- All cancers presenting or diagnosed within 60 days from the issue date, alteration effective date or reinstatement date of your policy, whichever is the latest.
- All cancers which are classified as
a) Premalignant (for example cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / CIN I, II or III, essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia rubra vera) or having either borderline malignancy / low malignant potential.
b) Carcinoma in situ (except Ductal carcinoma in situ breast, Carcinoma in situ cervix and Carcinoma in situ colon).
- All skin cancers except malignant melanoma which are >1.5 mm thickness or metastatic skin cancers.
- All cancers related to HIV infection.
- Unreasonable failure to follow medical treatment.
- Very early cancers and early cancers if death occurs within 7 days following the date of diagnosis of cancer.
- Advanced cancers if death occurs within 28 days following the date of diagnosis of cancer.
This benefit is not eligible for claims if it happens within the first 12 months from the policy issue date, alteration effective date or reinstatement date, whichever is the latest.
Total and Permanent Disability Benefit
The policy does not cover total and permanent disability benefit resulting from
- self-inflicted bodily injury while sane or insane.
- nervous disorder or mental illness.
- flying in an aircraft (except as an aircrew member or a paying passenger on a commercial airline).
- whatsoever while as a member of the armed forces, police and paramilitary forces due to declared or undeclared war, riots or civil commotion.