What is PRUValue Med?
PRUValue Med is a comprehensive hospitalisation & surgery plan covering major medical expenses.
Its unique design enables customers to get a comprehensive lifetime medical coverage while enjoying great value.
What are the unique features of PRUValue Med?
PRUValue Med offers you:
- Enjoy further premium savings when you opt for Med Saver 300. You can also utilize the savings to enhance your protection, retirement funds or simply upgrade your coverage on PRUValue Med!
- With Deductible Options (i.e.: 20,000, 50,000, 75,000 or 100,000). You can tailor-make the medical plan to provide an extension to your existing medical coverage as a safety net for unexpected healthcare costs.
- Enjoy total peace of mind and be assured of adequate protection that will last you a lifetime (i.e. up to age 70, 80, 90 or 100) with Med Value Point. If the total claims exceed the chosen Med Value Point, we will still pay 80% of the total cost of the eligible benefits.
- With the 100% non-cancellable* clause, your medical rider is guaranteed renewable.
- Get rewarded with Med Value Point Bonus for staying healthy by increasing the Med Value Point.
- With More Benefits on top of what you would expect from a medical plan. Such as 11 Maternity Complications Benefits, Day Care Procedure Benefits and Outpatient Convenience for Cancer and Kidney Treatment Benefits.
- Provide you Expert Medical Opinion from leading medical experts, to help you and your physician make the best treatment decisions.
*PRUValue Med is non-cancellable unless there is fraud or any circumstance that makes the policy or rider voidable or null and void. This depends on all premiums being paid duly and the policy or rider being in force.
How do we select benefits for PRUValue Med?
You can choose from the various options available for PRUValue Med.
Step 1: Decide on the Med Value Point
Set a Med Value Point where PAMB will pay the totally reasonable and customary charges of the eligible benefit until the total lifetime claims paid outreaches the chosen Med Value Point – RM1 million, RM1.5 million or RM2 million. We will continue to pay 80% of the total eligible benefit in excess of the Med Value Point plus any accumulated Med Value Point Bonus.
Step 2: Decide on Med Saver or Deductible option
If you are looking for comprehensive medical coverage, then choose Med Saver 300 to be entitled to premium savings that may be used to enhance your protection, retirement funds or simply upgrade your coverage.
If you already have an existing but limited medical coverage, then choose Deductible (i.e.: 20,000, 50,000, 75,000 or 100,000) to extend your existing medical coverage and help you safeguard against rising healthcare costs.
You can either choose Med Saver or Deductible, but not both options.
Step 3: Decide on the daily Room & Board amount
Choose the amount of Hospital Daily Room & Board coverage of RM100, RM200, RM300, RM400, RM500 or RM600 to cover for the accommodation charges in a hospital.
What are the differences between Med Saver and Deductible?
|A fixed amount that customer must first pay out of the total eligible medical expenses incurred for Any One Disability||A fixed amount that customer must first pay out of the total eligible medical expenses incurred in an Annexure Year|
|Med Saver amount applies on Any One Disability||Deductible amount applies to each Annexure Year|
|Does NOT apply to Hospital Daily Room & Board Benefit and Intraocular Lens Benefit||Applies to all benefits - Hospital Daily Room & Board, Hospital & Surgical, Outpatient Treatment and Other Benefits|
Med Saver and Deductible cannot co-exist.
What is the waiting period for the PRUValue Med?
No waiting period – for accident-related conditions
- 30 days – for any symptoms or illnesses
- 120 days – for any of the Specified Illnesses
- 365 days – for maternity complications
*Claimable amount is subject to the sufficiency of cash value
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN INSURANCE PRODUCT THAT IS TIED TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE UNDERLYING ASSETS, AND IS NOT A PURE INVESTMENT PRODUCT SUCH AS UNIT TRUSTS.
Terms and Conditions apply.