What is special about this Prudential medical insurance package?
Prudential PRUvalue med is a healthcare insurance plan that'll make sure you and your family's finances are kept untouched with a lifetime protection for all your medical needs - you can claim for excessive hospital bills for outpatient cancer or kidney dialysis treatment, home nursing care, operating theatre and surgical fees, and more.
That's not all, this medical card offers claims for emergency treatment due to accidents plus high maternity complication benefits for expecting mothers - something very few medical insurance plans offer with their basic plans.
How much can I claim throughout my policy period?
The great thing about this medical card is that it does not restrict your annual claims! In other words, there's no annual limit - however you'll be given the option to chose from up to 3 lifetime limits also known as Med Value Points options of RM1 million, RM1.5 million, or a maximum of RM2 million.
What happens if you claim more than your selected Med Value Points? This policy still has your back! Say you have chosen the RM2 Million Med Value Points option, RM2 million worth of medical expenses will be paid directly by Prudential. For the rest of the claim amount you've incurred, Prudential will pay 80% of the total claims and you'll only need to fork out for the remaining 20%.
Tell me more about my outpatient benefits?
For trips to the operating theater or emergency room that does not require a long hospital stay such as outpatient cancer or kidney dialysis treatment, you can claim for up to 1.5 times of the chosen Med Value Point per lifetime!
Yup, that means your take home medicine, consulation, and examination test fees will all be paid for by Prudential.
How much do I need to pay for the PRUvalue med?
The total premium that you have to pay will depend on your underwriting requirements such as your age, job, and health status.
Your premiums can be paid yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly via Auto Debit, Credit card, Cash or Cheque.
Do I need to pay before making claims?
Before submitting a claim, you can take up the Med Saver deductible option for lower premium payments.
With the Med Saver option you're required to pay a fixed amount of RM300 for your total medical bill for any one disability, excluding benefits for daily room and board as well as intraocular lens procedures.
When can I start using my Prudential medical card?
There will be a minimum waiting period of 30 days from your policy's commencement date before your medical insurance policy goes into full effect for basic illnesses and 120 days for specificed illnesses.
The maternity complication on the other han has a waiting period of 365 days - that's a full year wait!
Can I renew my Prudential PRUvalue med policy?
You won't have to worry about renewing your policy each year as the PRUvalue med is a non-cancellable medical plan, which means protection is guaranteed as long as you pay your insurance premiums on time!