Underwritten by Allianz GeneraI Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad

Allianz HouseOwner & Householder Insurance

A Home Insurance policy for houseowners and tenants - cover your building and contents against named perils at affordable premium. Extend your coverage as and when needed, with policy renewable every year.

    • Home Repairs
    • Rent Insurance
    • Death Benefits

Get covered now with Allianz HouseOwner & Householder Insurance

RinggitPlus will help you every step of the way.

By typing your contact information, you agree to our Terms of Use. We respect your privacy and are committed to handle your personal information safely and responsibly.

You are one step closer to getting your coverage with Allianz HouseOwner & Householder Insurance

Let us know you better so we can help you get the right amount of coverage.
Confirm your application

Oops. We can't seem to get a quote for you for a while there. Please click "Get Quote" again.

Your qualifications have not met the requirements of this policy. Don’t worry, you can still check other insurance policies

Please fill in all fields and enter a valid email

Thank you for applying with RinggitPlus!

We’ve sent you an email to help with your application.

Continue to Allianz website

If you have any questions let us know at [email protected], we'd love to help!

Follow us to keep in touch and not miss out on offers and promotions.

View product disclosure sheet.


How much you can claim for Allianz HouseOwner & Householder Insurance

  • Home Property
    Total amount covered for damages to the building, not exceeding the property value.
  • Home Contents
    Value claimable for house contents if damaged is caused by any of the events covered.
  • House Repairs
    For repairs to house property that are caused by events covered under this plan.
    As Charged Optional Benefit
  • Rent Insurance
    Landlord insurance if you cannot collect rent because the house is uninhabitable.
    up to 10 %of total sum insured
    • Extended Unoccupancy
      Extended cover for your home insurance if your house is left unoccupied for more than 60 days.
      As Charged Optional Benefit
    • House Mirrors
      Cost to replace house mirrors that are damaged during any insured event.
      up to RM500 for any one occurrence
    • Domestic Worker Property
      Value insured for property belonging to the domestic worker under your care.
      As Charged
    • Removal Of Property
      Cost to move property from your house due to events covered.
      up to 15 %of total sum insured
    • Death Benefit
      Insured amount for death of persons covered under this plan.
      up to RM10000
    • Public Liability
      Coverage for public claims due to damage or injuries caused by your house property.
      up to RM50000 for any one occurrence
View more coverage details +

Coverage Type

Events covered under your home insurance policy

Subsidence & Land Slip
Water Tanks Or Pipes
Impact Cover
Aircraft & Aerial
Subterranean Fire
Hurricane, Cyclone, Typhoon & Windstorm
Earthquake or Volcano
Riot Strike
Falling Trees & Branches

How to Claim

When you go to make your claims with Allianz, remember to bring along this following list of documents. First of all you will need to have your claim form handy, have your agent or customer service representative send it to you via email or fax.

In the case of home coverage, you will need;

  • Fire Brigade Report (In case of a Fire)
  • Police report
  • Purchase Invoices
  • Quotations for repairs/ replacements
  • Completed Claim Form
  • Copy of Identity Card for individual or copy of business registration certificate for company

Once you have all these documents with you along with a detailed description of what incident took place, you will need to also include pictures for the purpose of evidence. Compile what you have and send it off for processing, either at a branch or send them off with your insurance agent.

Home Insurance Claim Hotline
 1300225542  60322640700


Am I eligible to apply for this insurance?

Minimum Entry Age
At least 18 years of age
Maximum Entry Age
At most 70 years of age

Frequently Asked Questions about Allianz HouseOwner & Householder Insurance

Things you might want to know

Fire, burglary and kitchen gas explosion are among common risks your house and home contents are exposed to every day. Although you may not able to completely escape from these perils, you can take necessary precautions to mitigate the aftermath.

Why do I need Allianz HouseOwner & HouseHolder Insurance?

Basically, having a home insurance policy allows you to transfer the risk of financial hardship after your property had come into contact with adversities.

Recovery may take months and years; and usually costs a greater deal than a savings fund can afford. When you claim for a home insurance, the proceeds will be your lifeline. This is where Allianz HouseOwner & HouseHolder Insurance came to the rescue.

What does Allianz HouseOwner & HouseHolder Insurance cover?

First, you can select whether to cover only your building (including the walls, roof, fixtures and fittings, garages, gates and fences) via Houseowner Insurance and/or your home contents and personal effects via Householder Insurance.

All properties insured HouseOwner & HouseHolder Insurance plans will be covered against named perils arising from natural disasters, theft and freak accidents, however subject to a limit.

Can I add on benefits to my HouseOwner & HouseHolder Insurance plan?

Additional benefits are there for its intended purpose. You may want to rent out or renovate your house, but make sure to properly insure your building.

You can always be flexible with your home insurance plan, depending on your current needs and budget. It is encouraged to avoid adding on unnecessary risks as it will increase your premium, which is potentially variable in pricing every year.

How much premium do I have to pay?

Your home insurance premium will depend on the type of your residence (landed or flat / apartments), type of constructions, cover selected and the sum insured, including a commission of 15% paid to the insurance agent.

In addition, you will also need to pay for a Stamp Duty of RM10 and a 6% GST. The premium charged follows the standard minimum rate in accordance with the Malaysia Fire Insurance Tariff.

How much should I insure my home and valuable contents?

The rules of thumb to purchasing the right home insurance plan is knowing the appropriate amount to insure your house and personal belongings. It is worth noting that you should always cover your house based on the market value of your property at the time of loss and damage.

In other words, your total sum insured should correspond to the cost of rebuilding of your house and replacing its contents. You may also select to insure your property based on the Market Value (equivalent to the depreciated value of lost / damaged items) or Reinstatement Value basis.

Always check with your insurance agent regarding this matter to avoid being underinsured or paying too much.

Can I cancel my home insurance policy?

Yes, you may cancel your home insurance policy. However, prior to cancellation, you should notify Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad by way of a written notice. Upon cancellation, you will receive a partial refund of the premium provided of which you have not made any claim during the insurance period.

Read More