What is this Houseowner & Householder Insurance?
Protection of your house and home are not limited to the walls around it, you also need to protect the things within that you took years to collect and pay off. With a dual coverage insurance like this one, you get to protect both your house and home.
What exactly does this policy cover?
Well the coverage comes in two parts. The first being your Houseowner coverage, which will essentially protect your building and property exterior. With the second part of the coverage being your Householder coverage that will protect your home contents, against perils that can affect both the inside and the outside of your home.
For this section of this insurance plan, your home building will be covered against the following perils;
- Fire, lightning, thunderbolt, subterranean fire and explosion caused by gas used for domestic purposes;
- Aircraft and other aerial devices dropped therefrom, impact of road vehicles or animals, bursting or overflowing of water tanks or pipes, theft, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, windstorm, earthquake, volcanic eruption, and flood;
- Loss of rent; and
- Liability to the Public up to RM50,000
If you would like to extend your coverage, then you have several optional benefits at your disposal, with a little extra premium. Some of those options include covers for;
- Subsidence and landslip;
- Riot, strike and malicious damage;
- Liability to third parties for accidents in your house (above RM50,000);
- Loss or damage by hurricane, cyclone, typhoon or windstorm to metal smoke stacks, awnings, blinds, signs and outdoor fixtures
- and fittings including gates and fences;
- Alterations, repairs and additions;
- Plate glass damage; and
- Landlord’s household goods and furnishings in blocks of flats
Moving on to the next part of your coverage, the householder section will offer your home contents, such as furniture, electronic appliances, antiques, paintings and other personal effects protection against similar perils to those stated above with a few exceptions.
The exceptions are you will also have these following benefits for coverage as well;
- Contents temporarily removed –15% of Total Sum Insured on contents
- Breakage to mirrors –RM500 per piece per accident
- Compensation for death occurring by visible violence caused by thieves or by fire
- Along with protection for Servant’s property
Another thing you get to do is, just like with Houseowner, you can extend you content coverage with more premiums. You can protect your contents from, subsidence and landslips, riot, strike and malicious damage, and even Theft.
How much premium do I have to pay?
The premium amount for your home insurance relies heavily on how much you insure your home and its contents. It will be calculated separately for both parts of your policy and then added together with 6% GST for a final premium value.
What if I want to cancel my policy?
You can proceed to cancel this insurance policy after you have written an advance notice to Kurnia requesting the cancellation. If there have been no claims made in the duration of having the policy then a percentage of the premiums will be refunded to you.