Underwritten by Lonpac Insurance Berhad

Lonpac Houseowner Insurance

Cover your home and its contents with a comprehensive and customisable insurance policy that offers protection for all the buildings on your premises. On top of that take advantage of a public liability cover, so you don't end up indebted to someone else affected by whatever peril that has befallen your home.

    • Rent Insurance

Get covered now with Lonpac Houseowner Insurance

RinggitPlus will help you every step of the way.

By typing your contact information, you agree to our Terms of Use. We respect your privacy and are committed to handle your personal information safely and responsibly.

You are one step closer to getting your coverage with Lonpac Houseowner Insurance

Let us know you better so we can help you get the right amount of coverage.
Confirm your application

Oops. We can't seem to get a quote for you for a while there. Please click "Get Quote" again.

Your qualifications have not met the requirements of this policy. Don’t worry, you can still check other insurance policies

Please fill in all fields and enter a valid email

Thank you for applying with RinggitPlus!

We’ve sent you an email to help with your application.

Continue to Lonpac website

If you have any questions let us know at [email protected], we'd love to help!

Follow us to keep in touch and not miss out on offers and promotions.

View product disclosure sheet.


How much you can claim for Lonpac Houseowner Insurance

  • Home Property
    Total amount covered for damages to the building, not exceeding the property value.
  • Home Contents
    Value claimable for house contents if damaged is caused by any of the events covered.
    Not Covered
  • House Repairs
    For repairs to house property that are caused by events covered under this plan.
    Not Covered
  • Rent Insurance
    Landlord insurance if you cannot collect rent because the house is uninhabitable.
    up to 10 %of total sum insured
    • Public Liability
      Coverage for public claims due to damage or injuries caused by your house property.
      up to RM2500000 increased limit as Optional Cover
View more coverage details +

Coverage Type

Events covered under your home insurance policy

Subsidence & Land Slip
Water Tanks Or Pipes
Impact Cover
Aircraft & Aerial
Subterranean Fire
Hurricane, Cyclone, Typhoon & Windstorm
Earthquake or Volcano
Riot Strike
Falling Trees & Branches

How to Claim

Home Insurance Claim Hotline


Am I eligible to apply for this insurance?

Frequently Asked Questions about Lonpac Houseowner Insurance

Things you might want to know

Should I buy a home insurance?

Imagine witnessing your properties and years of hard work being swept away by flood or burned to dust by fire or ransacked and robbed off in a split second…

Like a life insurance, home insurance ensures that you are compensated for the loss and damage due to those perils and more. Be prepared for the unexpected such as the monsoon season, sudden inferno and acts of criminal minds.

What are the key covers of Lonpac Houseowner Insurance?

Lonpac Houseowner Insurance covers the physical building of your house including its fixtures and fittings, garages, walls, gates and fences, against specified risks.

Houseowner insurance helps you financially recover for the loss and damage when your building is affected by natural disaster, or rammed by third party vehicle, or forcibly and violently broke in, among others.

That’s not all, you can also claim for Public Liability for up to RM50,000 in the event somebody had an accident within your premise.

Can I add on benefits to my basic home insurance coverage?

Absolutely, over an additional premium to your standard coverage. Depending on your needs and budget, you can extend the coverage to include perils such as subsidence and landslip, riot strike and malicious damage, accidental damage to mirror and increase of limits to public liability and loss of rent.

How much premium do I have to pay?

Your home insurance premium will depend on the sum insured, additional extensions required and a commission between 15% to 25% paid to the insurance agent.

In addition, you will also need to pay for a Stamp Duty of RM10 and a 6% GST, where applicable. The premium charged follows the standard minimum rate in accordance with the Malaysia Fire Insurance Tariff.

How much should I insure my home and valuable contents?

The rules of thumb to purchasing the right home insurance plan is knowing the appropriate amount to insure your house and personal belongings. It is worth noting that you should always cover your house based on the market value of your property at the time of loss and damage.

In other words, your total sum insured should correspond to the cost of rebuilding of your house and replacing its contents. You may also select to insure your property based on the Market Value (equivalent to the depreciated value of lost / damaged items) or Reinstatement Value basis.

Always check with your insurance agent regarding this matter to avoid being underinsured or paying too much.

Can I cancel my home insurance policy?

Yes, you may cancel your home insurance policy. However, prior to cancellation, you should notify Lonpac Insurance Berhad by way of a written notice. Upon cancellation, you will receive a partial refund of the premium provided of which you have not made any claim during the insurance period.

Read More