Underwritten by Zurich Insurance Malaysia Berhad

Zurich Homeowner & Householder Insurance

Cover your home and all your valuables with this comprehensive protection plan from Zurich. Take care of both the building and its contents, and gain some peace of mind that even in the worst situation, you will not have lost everything.

    • Rent Insurance
    • Death Benefits

Get covered now with Zurich Homeowner & Householder Insurance

RinggitPlus will help you every step of the way.

By typing your contact information, you agree to our Terms of Use. We respect your privacy and are committed to handle your personal information safely and responsibly.

You are one step closer to getting your coverage with Zurich Homeowner & Householder Insurance

Let us know you better so we can help you get the right amount of coverage.
Confirm your application

Oops. We can't seem to get a quote for you for a while there. Please click "Get Quote" again.

Your qualifications have not met the requirements of this policy. Don’t worry, you can still check other insurance policies

Please fill in all fields and enter a valid email

Thank you for applying with RinggitPlus!

We’ve sent you an email to help with your application.

Continue to Zurich website

If you have any questions let us know at [email protected], we'd love to help!

Follow us to keep in touch and not miss out on offers and promotions.


How much you can claim for Zurich Homeowner & Householder Insurance

  • Home Property
    Total amount covered for damages to the building, not exceeding the property value.
  • Home Contents
    Value claimable for house contents if damaged is caused by any of the events covered.
  • House Repairs
    For repairs to house property that are caused by events covered under this plan.
    Not Covered
  • Rent Insurance
    Landlord insurance if you cannot collect rent because the house is uninhabitable.
    up to 10 %of total sum insured
    • House Mirrors
      Cost to replace house mirrors that are damaged during any insured event.
      As Charged
    • Domestic Worker Property
      Value insured for property belonging to the domestic worker under your care.
      As Charged
    • Removal Of Property
      Cost to move property from your house due to events covered.
      As Charged
    • Death Benefit
      Insured amount for death of persons covered under this plan.
      up to RM10000 of total sum insured on contents
    • Public Liability
      Coverage for public claims due to damage or injuries caused by your house property.
      up to RM50000 for any one occurance
View more coverage details +

Coverage Type

Events covered under your home insurance policy

Subsidence & Land Slip
Water Tanks Or Pipes
Impact Cover
Aircraft & Aerial
Subterranean Fire
Hurricane, Cyclone, Typhoon & Windstorm
Earthquake or Volcano
Riot Strike
Falling Trees & Branches

How to Claim

To make your claims with Zurich Insurance you will need to first notify them off the incident that caused the loss or damage you are reporting. Then you will need to compile an extensive list of documents to submit before your claims can be processed.

You will need to make a written notice and a description of the incident for processing. Request that Zurich send you a Claims Form and attach both the notice and description to the claim form. On top of that you will need the following list of documents, especially for fire related claims;

  • Police report
  • Fire brigade report
  • Chemist report (if necessary)
  • Purchase and sales invoices, for necessary items you required.
  • Quotations for repairs and replacements

Compile all these documents along with your claim form, written notice, and a copy of your NRIC, for identification. Then either, mail, fax or deliver them to the nearest Zurich branch for processing.

Home Insurance Claim Hotline


Am I eligible to apply for this insurance?

Minimum Entry Age
At least 21 years of age
Maximum Entry Age
At most 70 years of age

Frequently Asked Questions about Zurich Homeowner & Householder Insurance

Things you might want to know

What is this Zurich Houseowner and Householder?

Everyone needs protection from something and there are somethings that you just need to protect as well. Assets are named as such for a reason, usually because they are made to benefit someone or it was something incredibly difficult to acquire. Your house and home fall into this category and need to be protected against all perils.

How much protection do I get?

With this comprehensive dual plan, you will get protection in two parts, for your home building and the contents separately. Building protection will include coverage for your doors, and walls, windows and garages, basically the building exterior and other buildings in the vicinity of your property.

Contents coverage, will be protection for household goods and personal effects. Such as, your furniture, electrical appliances, gadgets and kitchen appliances. It is up to you what you want to insure and how much you want to insure it for.

This policy offers protection against several perils and natural disasters including flood, hurricanes and explosions, refer to the list provided for the full schematics. However, you can choose to extend your coverage to protect you more.

Some optional covers include;

  • Property temporarily removed
  • Damage to mirrors
  • Compensation for death of the Insured - RM 10,000 or one half of total sum insured on contents, whichever is less
  • Servants' property
  • Rent Insurance: 10% of the total sum insured
  • Liability to the Public: RM 50,000 for any one accident or series of accidents constituting one occurrence

All you have to do is pay a little more premium and get even better coverage than before.

Can I cancel my policy?

Sure, you can. However, to make a cancellation you will need to submit a written notice to Zurich beforehand. If you have cancelled your policy without making any claims, then you might be refunded a certain percentage of your premiums paid. This clause however, depends on your sum assured and policy wording.

Read More