What is the Bank of China Term Loan all about?
Planning to extend your house but lack the funds? Having a teenage child who is heading for university but having difficulty paying the tuition fees? Well, Bank of China’s Term Loan lets you refinance your existing home loan or partly finance the purchase of a fixed asset, be it a commercial property or land.
This home loan follows a variable rate and is non-flexible, with different interest rates for foreigner and Malaysians. Subject to your credit-worthiness, the bank lets you refinance up to 90% of the property for up to 20 years.
How is this different from a flexible home loan?
Bank of China’s Term Loan works like a normal conventional term loan whereby you pay according to a fixed monthly repayment schedule. When wishing to pay in extra to reduce your loan principal, you must inform the bank one month in advance, with no allowance to withdraw the advance repayments - No kidding!
What are the fees and charges I have to pay?
There's good news - You don’t have to pay for any processing or monthly fees. The bank requires a property evaluation done and that’s the only fee you will need to foot, plus the usual stamp duties as well as legal and disbursement fees.
Do I need to buy any insurance?
Fire Insurance policy is compulsory, and the premium is payable once every year, deducted from your account automatically. If your property has a master group insurance, you can ask for a refund by writing directly to the bank.
What documents do I need to apply for this term loan?
For Salaried Employee:
- Copy of MyKad (front and back) or latest valid passport & Visa / Work Permit / Employment pass
- A copy of Sales and Purchase Agreement
- Latest 3 consecutive months salary slips or vouchers
- Latest Tax Returns and Tax Receipts or
- EPF Statement (latest not more than 1 year) or bank statement of salary crediting account
- Loan statement for the preceding 6 months from existing financier (if any)
- Evidence of sale of existing property (if applicable)
- Tenancy Agreement (if applicable)
- All the document above if applicable and
- Business Registration Certificate – Form 24 and Form 49
- Last 6 months bank statements