What is HSBC HomeSmart?
HSBC HomeSmart is a fully flexible home loan that allows you to adjust your finances according to what's most important at any period of your life. Starting a family can be a daunting task, and the planning never stops.
You'd want a nice home to start, so perhaps paying off your home loan with extra repayments during the early years would help tremendously. A few years down the road, you'll probably be introducing a new member to the family, and you'd want to have a cozy home and allocate enough funds for your child's future.
HSBC will be able to finance your new purchase (for both under construction and completed properties) up to 90% of the property value, for up to 35 years.
You can get a loan of up to RM500,000 and pay interest rates as low as 4.50% only. This loan also comes with an even better deal for Premier Account holders! If you are a Premier Member, take up a financing of more than RM500,000 on that new home and pay a special interest rate of only 4.45% p.a.
What promotions do I get with HSBC HomeSmart?
Borrow up to RM500,000 and pay interest rates as low as 4.50% p.a.. This HSBC housing loan also comes with an even better deal for Premier Account holders. Take up financing of more than RM500,000 on that new home and pay a special interest rate of only 4.45% p.a..
For a limited time until 31 December 2016 you'll also get guaranteed cash back from HSBC when you sign off on your mortgage:
- RM2,000 cash back for loans below RM500,000
- RM3,000 cash back for loans below RM750,000
- RM4,500 cash back for loans at RM750,000 and above
Can I make advance payments or withdrawals from HSBC HomeSmart?
Yes, you can! HomeSmart provides flexibility to make advance payments, and withdraw these payments anytime you like. The total amount you're allowed to withdraw will depend on the tenure and HomeSmart facility limit available. No notice is required, so you can make advance payments and withdrawals without any additional charges.
You can request for a cheque book and ATM card to help manage your HomeSmart account. Enjoy convenient banking via ATM, cheque, phone banking and internet banking.
How do I pay for my instalments?
There are a few easy ways that you can pay for your repayments. You can either pay via Interbank GIRO transfer, HSBC credit deposit machine, or Standing Instruction among other ways.
Here's a useful tip - you can consolidate your money flow by depositing all your income, plus your bonus and life savings into the HomeSmart current account, making your repayments and excess payments that much more convenient.
Excess payments is a very useful feature, as you can pay extra on top of your standard installments to reduce your total tenure and reduce interest payments, while also being able to withdraw those payments easily for emergencies. Less burden on your wallet, more savings in the bank.
What documents are required?
- A photocopy of identity card or passport
- Your latest 3 months' salary slip
- Your latest income tax return form (Form B/BE) or EA form or latest EPF statement not exceeding 12 months old
- Sale and Purchase Agreement/deposit or booking receipt/letter of offer from the housing developer
- A photocopy of the land title (if any)
If you are a new salaried employee (at least 3 months in service):
- Letter of Appointment or Confirmation letter from employer stating salary/allowances
- The latest bank statements dating back six months (compulsory in the absence of salary slips and/or EA Form) showing salary/payment credited to the account
If you are self-employed:
- your business registration documents
- latest 6 months bank statements
- latest financial statements and other supporting documents to support your income