What is the Maybank MaxiHome Flexi mortgage?
Maybank Maxi Home Flexi is based on the Base Rate ( BR), which replaced the BLR in 2015 and offers full payment flexibility in a housing loan. You will get a home loan account and a current account, with an option for an overdraft which you can earn interest profit for a balance of above RM5,000.
What's more, this mortgage allows you to deposit additional cash when you can afford it, reducing your principal borrowing. This includes an option to redraw the money you've overpaid when you need it.
You may also request up to 90% margin plus 5% for MRTA, legal fees and evaluation fees if this is your first home loan. However, the approval is subject to your credit rating, so you’ll need to prove you have a stable income and clean credit history.
Can I withdraw money that I paid for this home loan?
Yes, you can. Minimum amount for each withdrawal is RM1,000 using the ATM, Maybank2u, cheque, or even at your preferred branch.
Do I need to buy an insurance policy when I take this mortgage?
You will have to purchase Mortgage Reducing Term Assurance ( MRTA) – that’s compulsory. The one-off premium is calculated based on age, amount borrowed, loan period, and interest rate. You can pay with cash or include it into your home finance loan.
Here's an extra treat for you - If you have at least RM1,000 balance for your overdraft, you will get complimentary Personal Accident cover of up to RM50,000 and free medical expenses of up to RM3,000.
What are some great things about the Maybank MaxiHome Flexi home loan?
- You can minimise the initial down payment required in getting your mortgage by including zero moving cost such as MRTA premium, legal fees and valuation fees, into the total loan financing package.
- It offers greater flexibility for those who have irregular income. If you have extra cash, you can pay in excess and not have to worry about next month's loan installment. If you change your mind, you can also redraw the surplus cash without incurring extra fees.
- Free PA and medical insurance coverage on your overdraft account.
Can a foreigner apply?
Yes, however you must borrow more than RM500,000.
What documents do I need to apply for this home loan?
If you are an employee earning a salary:
- Copy of MyKad (front and back) or latest valid passport & Visa / Work Permit / Employment pass
- Last 3 month's salary slips or vouchers
- Latest EPF statements with 3 consecutive months or more transaction history
- Latest EA (Tax) Form
- Last 6 month's Bank Statement
- Letter of Confirmation of Employment and Remuneration from your employer
If you are self-employed:
- Business Registration Certificate – Form 24 and Form 49
- Last 3 month’s bank statements
- Latest BE form with income tax receipt