Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Hence it's why you should protect yourself with Lonpac Secure Protector - a 24/7 worldwide Personal Accident Insurance protection.
Tell me about Lonpac Secure Protector.
Renewable up to 80 years old, this is an annual policy which gives you 24-hour worldwide insurance protection against injuries, disabilities or death caused by accidents.
You can either take this personal accident policy for yourself, your spouse or your family.
What are the coverages?
The types of coverage varies from different insurance companies but usually includes:
- Accidental death;
- Permanent total or partial disablement;
- Temporary total or partial disablement (optional);
- Medical expenses
- Personal Liability (Territorial Limit: Malaysia)
- Corrective surgery
- Hospitalisation benefits; and
- Funeral expenses
What are the other benefits?
Other than covering death and medical expenses, there is also bereavement benefits due to Dengue Fever, Malaria and Japanese Encephalitis.
There are also additional benefits as well as special extended coverage that comes with no additional premium.
Do note that duration of coverage is of one (1) year with an annual renewal needed.
In terms of renewal, you get 10% Renewal Bonus up to 100% of your Original or First Sum Assured.
What are the key terms and conditions?
- Full Disclosure - You must fully disclose all facts that are important in the application form such as, health information, occupation and number of policies owned. This enables the insurance company to consider your application properly. You will also need to update your insurance company for any change of occupation as this will affect your risk profile.
- Cash-Before-Cover basis - This policy is a cash-before-cover product whereby full premium must be paid before the effective date of the policy.
- Overseas Accident - Only Accidental Death and Permanent Disablement Benefits will be payable if you reside outside of Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei for more than 90 consecutive days.
- Claims - you must notify Lonpac Insurance Berhad within 14 days of the accident in order to file a claim.
Of course, the above mentioned terns and conditions is non-exhaustive so please refer to the full policy contract.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any individuals aged between 18 to 70 years old when applying for this insurance policy. This policy is renewable up to the age of 80 years.
If you have dependent children, they must be unmarried from 30 days to 18 years old, OR up to 23 years old who is studying full-time.
How to cancel the policy?
Your PA insurance policy can be cancelled at any time by giving a written notice to Lonpac Insurance Berhad.
Reimbursement of your premium would be based on the conditions stipulated in your contract.