Tell me about Direct Lending
Originated by RCE Marketing Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of the Bursa Malaysia listed company, RCE Capital Berhad), Direct Lending is an authorised platform offering Shariah compliant financial facilities to civil servants through Yayasan Ihsan Rakyat, and Yayasan Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Perlis Berhad.
Other than that, Direct Lending also offers civil servants Islamic personal financing from other banks and institutions such as:
- Public Islamic Bank - MCCM
- Co-opbank Pertama
- Koperasi Koputri
- Koperasi Kobeta
- Koperasi Ukhwah
Please note that Direct Lending is not a money lender, but is an authorised marketing representative for banks and cooperative loans (koperasi loan).
How much money can I borrow?
For civil servants, you can borrow as much as RM250,000 over a loan tenure of 1 year and up to 10 years, depending on the financial provider of your choice.
Regardless, please note that the maximum amount that you can borrow from a lender is solely determined by your credit worthiness, personal background, commitments, and current financial standing.
How fast can I get the money after applying?
Depending on your choice of lender, your loan application may get approved in no time and you can get the money transferred to your bank account as fast as 2 working days (actual processing time varies on case-by-case basis).
How do I pay the money back?
It’s simple. For civil servants, you can make repayments by deducting your monthly salary. This should be processed by either the Accountant General’s Department or the Angkatan Koperasi Kebangsaan Malaysia Berhad (Angkasa).
What are the fees and charges?
Civil servants that borrow from Yayasan Ihsan Rakyat and Yayasan Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Perlis, a 1-month of advance instalment will be charged on you. Plus, a 2 to 3-months advance instalment will be imposed on borrowers of Koperasi Kobeta, Koputri and Ukhwah as well.
Plus, do note that a late payment fee will be charged if you are not consistent in paying your monthly repayments on time as stipulated in your agreement.
Here are some of the fees and charges that you may be charged on, depending on the lender of your choice:
- Stamp duty
- Koperasi shares & advance membership fee
- 1-3 months advance instalment
- Processing fee (for selected koperasi)
Am I qualified to apply for a personal loan from Direct Lending?
Anyone working with the government can apply for a personal loan from Direct Lending should you meet these requirements:
- Malaysian aged 21 to 58 years old
- Working as civil servants under Federal, State and selected Government Agencies or employees of selected GLCs with ANGKASA deduction
- Permanent employee with at least 6 months of service
- Min. gross monthly income of RM1,500
- Not bankrupt with no legal suit or trade reference over RM30,000
- Payslip deduction must be lesser than 60%
What are the required documents that I need to prepare?
To speed up your loan application process, you will need to prepare the documents below:
- Copy of IC (front and back, verified by employer)
- Copy of latest 3-months payslips (verified by employer)
- Employment confirmation letter
- A full set of application forms and agreements
- Angkasa Form (Blue Form) or Letter of authorization to deduct salary