What is HSBC Advance Everyday Global Account?
Are you an avid traveller? Or are you thinking of furthering your studies abroad? Travelling overseas can be such a hassle without proper planning, but with HSBC Advance Everyday Global Account; spending using foreign currencies couldn't be much easier!
This all-in-one multicurrency savings account lets you have financial peace of mind for your everyday banking and purchasing needs — here in Malaysia and abroad.
So, how does it work? Tell me more!
It's very simple. When in Malaysia, you can make purchases locally using Malaysia Ringgit. Just swipe or transact and you're good to go.
When you want to purchase something let's say from Amazon.com, you can pay for the items in foreign currency as well.
For example, if you have chosen a USD500 item from the website, the bank will deduct the amount in US dollars from your HSBC Advance Everyday Global Account — with no hidden charges.
However, if you don't have a sufficient amount of foreign currency in your account, the bank will convert it automatically and charge the items in MYR instead.
To add on, existing HSBC Advance customers get to enjoy ZERO overseas transaction fees when they withdraw or transact automatically in foreign currencies.
What foreign currencies does HSBC Advance Everyday Global Account support?
Here is the list of ten foreign currencies supported by this savings account:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Great Britain Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Saudi Riyal (SAR)
How about the fees and charges?
For HSBC Advance customers, the Global Transfer Fee is waived! This means that every time you make a Me2Me or Me2Others Transfers via internet banking, you won't be charged a dime.
Additionally, if you wish to purchase any item in foreign currencies, you'll be charged with the following transaction charges. Please also bear in mind that this only applies to Telegraphic Transfers involving the same currency, for instance, USD to USD or AUD to AUD.
- United States Dollar: USD4 per transaction
- Great Britain Sterling Pound: GBP3 per transaction
- Australia Dollar: AUD6 per transaction
- Singapore Dollar: SGD6 per transaction
- Euro: EUR4 per transaction
- Hong Kong Dollar: HKD30 per transaction
- Canadian Dollar: CAD6 per transaction
- New Zealand Dollar: NZD6 per transaction
- Japanese Yen: JPY400 per transaction
- Saudi Riyal: SAR15 per transaction
Am I eligible to open HSBC Advance Everyday Global Account?
Yes. As long as you're 18 years old and above and meet the criteria below:
- Have a minimum Total Relationship Balance of RM30,000 or sign up for an HSBC Home Loan of RM300,000 and above
- Minimum monthly salary of RM3,000 with HSBC/HSBC Amanah Credit Cards or a minimum monthly salary of RM5,000
Not to mention, an HSBC Advance Account fee of RM10 will be applied to your account for the month if you don't meet the Advance account eligibility criteria.
Is this account protected?
Yes. This savings account is protected by PIDM of up to RM250,000.