HSBC Bank Digital Account Opening Rewards Promotion
For a limited time, selected HSBC/HSBC Amanah new-to-bank individual customers will receive an RM100 Cash Reward upon successful sign-up for HSBC/HSBC Amanah Basic Savings Account/-i during the Promotion Period.
This promotion runs from 1 March 2023 to 30 June 2023 ("Promotion Period"), subject to the promotion's terms and conditions.
Who is qualified for this promotion?
This promotion is open to new-to-bank individual customers only. Those who are not eligible for this promotion include the following.
- Permanent and/or contract employees of HSBC (including their subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members;
- Customers who already have an existing account or relationship with HSBC;
- Non-individual or corporate customers
How to be eligible for this promotion?
Please follow the participation criteria below to be eligible for this promotion.
- Open an HSBC/HSBC Amanah Basic Savings Account/-i online; and
- Download HSBC Malaysia mobile banking app, register for an online banking account, and log in to the mobile app within 30 calendar days from the date of your account opening; and
- Perform 5x transactions with a minimum of RM20 per transaction within 45 calendar days from the date of your account opening.
Which savings account(s) can I apply for?
You can apply for the:
- HSBC Basic Savings Account
- HSBC Amanah Basic Savings Account-i
Where can I reach out to get more information?
For any questions, please get in touch with HSBC directly.
What do I need to know about HSBC Amanah Basic Savings Account-i?
From the account name, you probably get it right, this is an Islamic savings account. According to HSBC Amanah, this account operates based on the Shariah principle of Qard.
What are the benefits of opening this savings account?
With this account, you can access the convenience of online banking at flexible times and places through HSBC Online Banking. The mobile apps, both Android and Apple, are also made applicable for the account holders to download so that they can easily keep track of their transactions anytime and anywhere.
You are also given eight (8) complimentary ATM withdrawals per month at any HSBC or HSBC Amanah ATMs with your HSBC Amanah Debit Card-i. If you've exceeded the eight free withdrawals, you'll be charged RM1 per transaction.
Additionally, in the event that you have banking inquiries, you can always reach their telebanking which operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
For this savings account, you are also entitled to free SMS notifications on selected transactions. Other than that, the bank posts your statement every quarter in order to track your previous banking transactions.
Am I eligible to open this account?
As long as you are 18 years and above, and are a Malaysian citizen with a valid IC, you are eligible to open this account singly or jointly. An initial minimum deposit required is only RM20.
Are there any fees or charges I need to beware of?
If you plan to make MEPS cash withdrawals at other banks, the charge is RM1 per withdrawal, while it is also RM1 for HOUSe withdrawals.
The overseas withdrawal, on the other hand, will cost you RM5 for each withdrawal. And despite the statement being issued to you for free, if you make a statement request, an RM20 will be charged to you per request.
Other fees and charges include the following:
- RM10 per transaction will be charged for cash withdrawals at Visa/PLUS ATM.
- RM0.50 per transaction for MyDebit Cash Out Transaction.
- Inactive account(s) with balances of more than RM10 will be charged an annual service fee of RM10.
- RM10 for debit card replacement.
- An RM20 fee will be charged for account early closure for less than 3 months.
- RM2 per page if you want to get bank statements of less than 12 months.
- To get bank statements for more than 12 months, it'll cost you RM20 per request, plus RM2 per page.