HSBC Bank Digital Account Opening Rewards Promotion
For a limited time, selected HSBC/HSBC Amanah Premier new-to-bank customers will receive an RM100 Cash Reward upon successful sign-up for HSBC/HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account/-i during the Promotion Period.
This promotion runs from 1 March 2023 to 30 June 2023 (“Promotion Period”), subject to the promotion's terms and conditions.
Who is qualified for this promotion?
This promotion is open only to new-to-bank customers of HSBC/HSBC Amanah Premier who:
- Opens an HSBC/HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account/-i online, download the HSBC Malaysia Mobile App, register for HSBC Malaysia online banking, and successfully log in to the Mobile App within 30 calendar days from the account opening date; and
- Performs 5x transactions with a minimum spend amount of RM20 per transaction within 45 calendar days from the account opening date
Those who are not eligible for this promotion include the following.
- Customers who are already HSBC Premier customers prior to the Promotion Period, including customers who were re-upgraded to HSBC Premier;
- HSBC customers who have banking facilities in arrears or are delinquent according to HSBC’s definition; and
- Non-individual or corporate customers
Which savings account(s) can I apply for?
You can apply for the following:
- HSBC Premier Everyday Global Account
- HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i
Where can I reach out to get more information?
For any questions, please get in touch with HSBC directly.
What is HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i?
Are you an avid traveller? Or are you thinking of furthering your studies abroad? Travelling overseas can be such a hassle without proper planning, but with HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i; spending using foreign currencies couldn't be much easier!
This all-in-one multicurrency savings account lets you have financial peace of mind for your everyday banking and purchasing needs — here in Malaysia and abroad.
So, how does it work? Tell me more!
It's very simple. When in Malaysia, you can make purchases locally using the Malaysian Ringgit. Just swipe or transact and you're good to go.
When you want to purchase something let's say from Amazon.com, you can pay for the items in foreign currency as well.
For example, if you have chosen a USD500 item from the website, the bank will deduct the amount in USD from your HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i — with no hidden charges.
However, if you don't have a sufficient amount of foreign currency in your account, the bank will convert it automatically and charge the items in MYR instead.
Furthermore, existing HSBC Amanah Premier customers get to enjoy ZERO overseas transaction fees when they withdraw or transact automatically in foreign currencies.
What foreign currencies do HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i support?
Here is the list of 10 foreign currencies supported by this savings account:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Great Britain Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Saudi Riyal (SAR)
How about the fees and charges?
For HSBC Amanah Premier customers, no fees will be charged to you each time you make international fund transfers between your HSBC accounts.
While travelling, you will also get to enjoy zero ATM withdrawal fees by participating in HSBC Global ATM Network.
Additionally, if you want to purchase an item(s) in foreign currencies, there will be a certain amount of transaction charge you'll need to pay and they are listed below. Besides that, please also note that this is applicable to Telegraphic Transfers involving the same currency, for instance, USD to USD or AUD to AUD.
- United States Dollar: USD4 per transaction
- Great Britain Pound Sterling: GBP3 per transaction
- Australian Dollar: AUD6 per transaction
- Singapore Dollar: SGD6 per transaction
- Euro: EUR4 per transaction
- Hong Kong Dollar: HKD30 per transaction
- Canadian Dollar: CAD6 per transaction
- New Zealand Dollar: NZD6 per transaction
- Japanese Yen: JPY400 per transaction
- Saudi Riyal: SAR15 per transaction
On top of that, you may find other transaction charges like the following.
- Cash withdrawal at VISA PLUS Network: RM10 per transaction. But if you have insufficient funds in the supported or non-supported foreign currency, the withdrawn amount will be automatically converted to MYR at the exchange rate determined by Visa International, including a 1% foreign currency conversion cost, plus any transaction fee charged by Visa International.
- Cash withdrawal with HSBC Malaysia ATM Network: Waived
- Cash withdrawal at MEPS: Waived for the first 3 transactions. The subsequent transaction will be at RM1.
- MyDebit Cash Out Transaction Fee: RM0.50 per transaction
To find out more about the fees and charges, you can check them out here.
Am I eligible to open HSBC Amanah Premier Everyday Global Account-i?
As long as you're 18 years old and above and meet the criteria below, you're eligible to open an account.
- Total Relationship Balance of at least RM200,000 at all times
- A minimum Amanah Premier Mortgage of RM1 million
- Minimum monthly salary of RM16,500 credited every month into your salary account in Malaysia
Not to mention, an HSBC Amanah Premier Account-i fee of RM150 (and applicable tax, if any) will be applied to your account for the month if you don't meet the Premier account eligibility criteria.
Is this account protected?
Yes. This savings account is protected by PIDM of up to RM250,000.