What’s great about OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i?
Spin a 360° with your hard earned cash!
OCBC Al-Amin lets you manage all your personal finances under a single roof, and rewards you with high profit rates for saving with OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i – the only savings account of its kind around that also gives you instant online account opening and pre-registration.
How does OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i work?
Ever wonder why your current bank doesn’t reward you for loyalty? OCBC Al-Amin can’t, which is why they’ll reward you with bonus profit just for performing your monthly banking transactions with your OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i:
- 1.15% p.a. every month when you deposit a minimum of RM500 to OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i
- 1.15% p.a. every month when you pay any 3 bills online from OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i
- 1.15% p.a. every month when you spend minimum RM500 on your OCBC credit card(s)
Once you add the 0.15% profit base rate, you’ll earn 3.60% profit rate p.a. for saving with OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i each month.
That’s a better rate than most Fixed Deposits in town! Enjoy this bonus profit rate up to RM100,000 on your average daily account balance.
The bonus profit is credited by the 14th working days of the following month.
Am I eligible to apply?
OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i is open to all Malaysians, permanent residents and non-residents who are 18 years old and above.
For non-residents, OCBC Bank may take your country of origin into consideration when applying.
How do I apply for OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i?
Applying is quick and easy. Just fill in your information and we’ll send you a confirmation email and an SMS.
Visit the nearest OCBC Bank branch near you and open an OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i today.
Or schedule an appointment when OCBC Al-Amin calls you within 3 workings days when you apply online.
All you need is an initial deposit of RM500 to open an account and qualify for our RinggitPlus gift.
Remember to bring your MyKad with you (or passport if you're a foreigner) and you’re all set!
If you have a current account or savings account with OCBC Al-Amin you can also open an OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i by following these three steps:
1. Login to OCBC Online Banking
2. Select "Savings" under the Open an account tab
3. Select " OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i"
Don't have an online account yet, no worries! Just go to OCBC Online Banking and register.
How safe is my money?
Don’t you worry!
All deposits up to RM250,000 are covered by the Malaysian Deposit Insurance Corporation ( PIDM) for extra security. Keep a minimum of RM20 in your account at all times so it won’t get closed.
What are the requirements for 1.15% p.a. Bonus Profit?
Each month you’ll earn a basic profit rate of 0.15% with your OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i.
For performing any one or all three of the banking transactions below, you’ll get bonus interest based on the average daily account balance.
- Deposit at least RM500 to your OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i, for the following month you’ll have to deposit another RM500 to qualify again.
- Pay 3 bills online using your OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i in the same month. Standing instructions for OCBC housing financing are also included.
- Charge a minimum of RM500 to your OCBC credit card. For joint accounts only charges to the credit card of the first names OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i holder will be considered.
Can you explain how the profit calculation works?
Each month, OCBC Al-Amin will credit your profit to your OCBC Al-Amin 360 Account-i to help you earn on your savings.
But since you’ll make banking transactions throughout the month – withdrawals and deposits etc., how will the bank determine how much profit to pay you?
Introducing the concept of average daily account balance: Anisa who keeps RM10,000 for 29 days in the month November and deposits RM90,000 extra on the very last day won’t get profit based on the final RM100,000 at the end.
Rather the bank will calculate how much was in Anisa’s account on average:
Average daily account balance
= [29 X RM10,000 + 1 X RM100,000] / 30
If Anisa qualifies for the special 3.60% p.a. , she’ll earn RM38.44 interest for the month of November!