How much can I borrow from Affin Investment Bank?
The margin of financing on Affin Investment Bank Share Margin Financing is 50% for borrowing greater than RM50000. Once your share margin account has a borrowing ratio of more than 50% due to a change in your share price you will have hit the maintenance margin, often referred to as the margin call.
Affin Investment Bank will accept the following:
|Quoted Shares||1 - 2 times|
Shares purchased using margin financing would also form part of the collateral to increase your equity against your borrowings.
Can I withdraw cash from my margin account?
Withdrawal of cash is allowed subject to the loan margin not exceeding 50% thereafter.
Will I be allowed to choose my own broker?
If you have an existing relationship with a brokerage firm you will be able to carry on with the same remisier. If not, Affin Investment Bank will be able to appoint one for you.
Who is eligible for the Affin Investment Bank Share Margin Financing?
Individuals who meet the following criteria are eligible to open margin accounts :
- Malaysian citizens above 18 years old
- Foreigners and non-residents above 18 years old
- Applicant above 60 years old should have a guarantor (where applicable)
What documents must I provide?
The following documents are required :
- Fully and properly completed Margin Account Application Form
- Two (2) copies of NRIC / Passport (for foreigners) / Authority Card (for Armed Forces and Police Personnel)
- Bank statement ( latest three months )
- Form J / EA Form ( latest three years ) OR
- Salary slip ( latest three months )