Prudential BSN Takaful Protect

Life can take a turn for the worst regardless of one's age. Get yourself or your little ones covered for death and permanent disablement to ease the financial impact. This Term Life Insurance also gives you extra 5% coverage amount every 3 years at no extra cost!

Prudential BSN Takaful Protect
Min Sum Assured
Death Benefit
up to 100% of sum assured
Death Coverage
until age 80
Accidental Death Benefit
TPD Benefit
up to 100% of sum assured

How to Claim

Who do I contact if I have a question or emergency?

Prudential BSN Takaful Hotline


Cover Term
Protection up to age 80
Premium Type
Progressive rate. Increases as you age.
Plan Renewal
Option to renew plan at the end of policy term
Income Tax Relief
Up to a maximum of RM3,000 a year.


How will Prudential BSN Takaful help to secure your family's financial future?

Main CoverageCoverage PeriodAm I Protected?
  • from 0.04 up to 80  years old
  • Yes , up to 100% sum insured  
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)
  • from 0.04 up to 70  years old
  • Yes , up to 100% sum insured  

Enjoy the full benefits of your insurance plan with great add-on coverage

Add-on CoverageAm I Protected?
Parent Contributor
Spouse Contributor
Premium Waiver
Accidental Death or Dismemberment
Weekly Indemnity


Minimum Entry Age
At least 14 days of age
Maximum Entry Age
At most 65 years of age
Coverage Expiry Age
At most 80 years of age

More Information

What is the Prudential BSN Takaful Protect all about?

The Prudential BSN Takaful Protect or PruBSN Protect is a Shariah Compliant, Term-life Takaful insurance product that provides financial continuance for you and your loved ones to carry on even if you’re no longer with them, or your ability to earn an income has stopped due to old age or illness.

Why should I get the PruBSN Protect?

PruBSN Protect offers you financial protection for your family, you and against inflation. If you were to lose your life, PruBSN Protect provides your family with cash so they can continue to live their lives with a bit more comfort. If you were to lose your ability to earn an income due to total and permanent disability, PruBSN Protect provides you with cash to help you cope with life.

If you choose to upgrade to PruBSN ProtectPlus, your sum covered is also protected against inflation by increasing your sum covered by 5% every 3 years throughout the duration of your certificate.

Am I eligible for the PruBSN Protect policy?

Anyone between the age of 14 days to 65 years old can take up the PruBSN Protect plan. You can also choose to protect your children from as young as 2 weeks old.

How long will my coverage last?

There is a 5 years’ minimum term of coverage, and the expiry age is up to 80 years old.

How much do I have to pay for this plan?

For you to receive the benefits of this Takaful plan, your minimum monthly contribution is RM20, but your actual contribution amount will depend on your age, health status, occupation, gender, the amount and duration of coverage, as well as your payment method and frequency. If you can afford it, it is always a good idea to make the contribution on a yearly basis.

Are there any other fees or charges that I should know about?

The PruBSN Protect is based on the “Wakalah Bil Ajr” model, where the takaful company places your contribution into your account after deducting a “wakalah” charge, which is similar to a fixed commission fee. The fees start from 75% in the 1st year down to 20% for the 6th year. From the 7th year onwards, the wakalah charge is 0%, which means your entire contribution goes straight into your account without any deduction.

Are there any other benefits I’ll receive from this plan?

Based on Mudharabah principles, any investment profits earned by the company will be shared between you and the takaful company. 80% of the investment profit will be placed back into your Individual Special Account, while the remaining 20% will be kept by the takaful company.

You are also entitled to at least 50% of any distributable surplus on a yearly basis. The remaining balance will be shared with the takaful company as incentive for managing the Tabarru’ fund.

Search Icon

Get the financial support you need


We’ll guide you through your application for this financial product