Is this the most expansive coverage option for the ACE Jerneh Travel Insurance?
Yes, indeed it is, but for good reason! With the Travel Insurance Sapphire Plan, you will have a higher claim limit and access to additional benefits not available with the Ruby or Emerald plan. You will receive 2x the coverage for personal accident of up to RM200,000 compared to the Ruby plan, and exclusive benefits such as daily hospital income, home inconvenience allowance, and even reimbursement for your golf equipment amounting in thousands of ringgits!
Who is eligible to apply for the ACE Jerneh Travel Insurance Sapphire Plan?
When going for a single trip, you will have to be at least 18 years old, but must be below 80. On the other hand, you will still have to be at least 18, but the maximum eligible age is only up until 70 years old for the annual plan. Once you have signed-up, you can renew your policy until you reach 80 years old.
How do I make an insurance claim for this insurance policy?
Below are the steps you need to follow when making certain types of claims:
- For claims for medical bills, including any travel cancellation, you must submit your claim to your private health provider first before claiming from your ACE Travel Insurance.
- For luggage and travel delays, you have to request a document from the airline or carrier containing the flight number, delay duration, and the reason for the delay.
- For loss, damage, or theft of luggage, you must report and submit a claim to the airline/carrier, and demand a report from them as they may be responsible for the damages or loss!
- Missing travel documents must be reported to the local authorities. Make sure to get a written statement.
- For third party liability claims, request that the claim against you be put in writing.
- For personal liability claims, you will have to put it in writing.
Can I claim for treatment for any injury or illness at a hospital overseas?
Can, but only under certain circumstances. With the Sapphire plan, you will be able to claim for up to RM25,000 on medical expenses due to an accident only, and RM100 daily allowance for your hospital stay abroad.
What about flight and luggage delay, can I claim for these things?
Yes, no good travel insurance comes without coverage for both of these concerns. You will be able to claim for any flight delay when traveling both domestically and abroad. For delayed international travel, you will stand to receive a maximum of RM3,600, or RM200 every 6 hours of delay. However, for domestic travel, you will only be allowed a maximum of RM1000.
As for checked-in luggage delay, you can claim up to RM200 every six hours, capped at a limit of RM1000 for both domestic and international travel.