What are some of the benefits covered by international coverage but not by domestic coverage?
In addition to not having a a higher claim limit, the domestic coverage also does not include coverage for most travel inconvenience. Examples of which include lost of deposit due to trip cancellation, loss or delay of luggage, missed departures and connections, hijacking and personal liability - better pack light when traveling within Malaysia.
What are some of the special travel inconvenience covered under this policy?
1) Missed Travel Connection
This travel insurance policy will provide compensation for any missed travel connection due to the late arrival of your transport. For example, if you missed your connecting flight in Japan while you are on the way to New York, then you will be compensated for your missed flight. In addition, you will be provided with a seat on the next available outbound connecting flight
2) Missed Departure
This travel insurance policy will compensate you if you miss your scheduled flight departure if you are unable to secure public transport services. For example, if you arrived late at the airport and missed your flight because you could not find a taxi to take you to the airport (or the taxi got stuck in bad traffic).
3) Luggage Delay
This travel insurance policy will compensate you if your luggage gets delayed due to a mistake by the airline. For example, if your luggage arrives 6 hours late due to the ground staff's mistake.
What is not covered under this travel insurance policy?
1) Damage to luggage due to confiscation and requisition of prohibited items by the customs and authorities of any country
2) Death or injury resulting from dangerous activities such as sky diving
3) Hospitalization and treatment of any sexually transmitted diseases
4) Hospitalization and treatment of conditions derived from radiation poisoning
5) Any Pre-existing medical conditions
6) Childbirth (If your wife gives birth while you are on holiday)
7) Death or injury resulting from riot or war
Are Hijacking and other acts of Terrorism covered under this policy?
Yes. Any death or injury resulting from any acts of terrorism will be covered under this policy.