Who is eligible to apply for the Hong Leong Mach Travel Insurance plan?
All Malaysians, permanent residents, and those with work permits can apply for the Travel Insurance policy from Mach by Hong Leong Bank. The family coverage is only for single trip applicants and the age limit of child is above 30 days and below 18 years.
For Annual Travel Insurance, all applicants must be between 18 to 69 years old at first enrolment. Cover may be granted beyond age 70 provided that you are already a member of the plan and wish to be protected up to a maximum age of 80.
How do I make a claim for this travel insurance?
It is important that you notify MSIG, the underwriter of this insurance policy, immediately in order to claim in full for all expenses. You will have to complete a claim form and submit, along with the documents listed below to MSIG:
- Tour agency’s booking Invoice
- Copies of flight tickets, e-tickets or boarding passes
- Receipts for medical bills and admittance and discharge from hospital reports for medical claims
- Receipts for all purchases to claim
- Report from airline if baggage is lost or damaged
- Written confirmation from airline if you are claiming for luggage delay, travel delay, missed travel Connection, travel overbooked, missed departure, and travel re-route
- Police report and currency exchange receipt for money and theft claims
- Written confirmation from hotels for claim for loss of use of hotel facilities
- Police Report or Bomba Report for home care claim
How much can the bank pay for my medical expenses while overseas?
Good question, your policy can pay up to RM300000 for your hospital bills for any injury or illness experienced when overseas. Your policy can also pay for any follow-up treatment when you return to Malaysia for up to RM30,000, which is subject to the medical expenses limit of RM150,000 if you are under the age of 70.
Bear in mind friends, you will need to undergo treatment within 45 days of returning home to be able to claim. This applies for all plans - individual, couple, and family plans.
What is the main difference between the annual plan and the single trip option?
Of course, the premium amount you pay will be different. If you are an avid traveler or often have to travel for business trips, it is much cheaper for an annual plan, as you will be paying less premium spread out over the whole year.