Tell me about MHinsure Basic travel insurance.
MHinsure Basic is a travel insurance by MHinsure, which is underwritten by Etiqa General Insurance Berhad and assisted by Cover-More.
Whether you're travelling solo, with a family or partner, this travel insurance plan offers comprehensive medical and travel-related benefits such as:
- Emergency Medical and Dental - up to RM200,000
- Accidental Death and Disablement - up to RM200,000
- Overseas Hospital Confinement Allowance - up to RM5,000
- Emergency Medical Assistance, Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains - unlimited
- Luggage and Personal Effects - up to RM2,500
- Luggage Delay - up to RM500
- Travel Delay - up to RM2,400
- Trip Cancellation - up to RM5,000
- Hijacking - up to RM1,000
- Personal Liability - up to RM500,000
- Ambassador services
- Emergency travel arrangement
- Lost luggage and passport assistance
The best part about this travel insurance plan is that you can get protected at cheaper premium from as low as RM22 (domestic) or RM33 (overseas) on a single trip.
Click here for MHinsure Domestic Product Disclosure Sheet
Click here for MHinsure International Product Disclosure Sheet
Why you should choose MHinsure travel insurance?
Fixed Domestic Premium
When traveling domestically you can save a lot of money as MHinsure comes at a fixed premium for up to 30 days. Unlike its international plan where a single trip premium is tiered by day; the longer you stay, the higher the premium.
Whether your business or leisure requires you to frequent to places within Malaysia in a month, look no further as MHinsure Basic has the most valuable plan in terms of premium savings.
This cashless hospitalization benefit will be managed by Cover-More when you are facing any of these events: overseas hospitalization or repatriation or medical evacuation.
All your in-patient expenses and medical bills will be settled directly by Cover-More on your behalf to the hospital, while you recover in peace.
If at any situation Cover-More is unable to arrange this service, MHinsure will approve and reimburse all expenses incurred to you when you return to Malaysia.
*Terms and conditions apply
Plan Upgrade and Refund
If after purchasing MHinsure Basic plan you decide to change to a higher sum insured plan, you can request for an upgrade to Value or Premier plan and request for a refund on the current purchased plan.
Who can apply for MHinsure travel insurance?
If you are a resident or citizen of Malaysia between 18 to 70 years old, you are eligible to purchase MHinsure.
Under the Family Plan, the maximum persons to be insured is up to 10 people only. This including children, whose maximum age is 20 years old (must not married and still studying).
You can extend your Family Coverage to a maximum of up to 2 adults and/or up to 8 accompanied children or 7 accompanied children and 1 domestic servant.
Individual aged 70 years old and above will be under Senior and is eligible to apply for this plan too.
|Type||MHinsure Basic Domestic Plan||MHinsure Basic International Plan|
That's not all, MHinsure Basic is also available for anyone who is travelling through or transiting through a Malaysian airport whose journey starts in Malaysia.
Geographical area covered
Whether you're travelling within Malaysia, in Asia or other far, far away countries, the travel insurance by Malaysia Airlines will get you covered.
Make sure your destination is within MHinsure geographical area coverage:
- Domestic: within Malaysia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Sikkim, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam and Nepal.
- Worldwide excluding USA and Canada
How to submit a claim to MHinsure?
A claim must be submitted to MHinsure within 30 days from the date of your arrival back to Malaysia.
First you need to complete the claim form and attach all relevant documents such to support your claims. You can submit your claim request via email at [email protected].
For more information on the 24 hour claim enquiries, you can all MHinsure Claims Department Toll Free at 1 800 888 777 (within Malaysia) or +603 2263 5700 (please place a collect call/reverse charges). Alternatively, you can email to [email protected].
MHinsure Basic amendment and refund of policy
On policy cancellation and refund
- BEFORE departure date: you will be given a FULL REFUND OF PREMIUM (without interest) by returning this document and the original certificate of Insurance before the departure date and provide MHinsure with sufficient proof that you don't intend to start your journey with them. You must also provide a written confirmation on not making any claims or exercising any rights under the policy.
- AFTER departure date: you will not be entitled to a refund of any part of your premium if you cancel the policy.
On travel date amendment: travel date can be amended 24 hours before the departure.
On one-way ticket purchase: one-way ticket travel insurance is available, however, the coverage terminates on the same date or upon arrival at the final destination.
On purchasing the travel insurance policy after departure: not applicable, you must purchase MHinsure prior to your departure.