What are the main features of the MSIG TravelRight Plus Plan 1?
MSIG TravelRight Plus is a travel insurance plan which provides a wide array of benefits and coverage to ensure that you and your family are constantly protected throughout your journey.
Offering both single trip and annual plans, this travel insurance has lower premiums compared to MSIG TravelRight Plus Plan 2.
The MSIG TravelRight Plus offers extensive personal accident coverage, attractive medical-related benefits and extra coverage for travel inconvenience.
It also comes with a 24-hour worldwide travel assistance hotline.
How do I make a claim with MSIG?
Notify MSIG as soon as you have returned from your trip and complete the relevant sections of the claim form relating to your claim.
Submit the claim form together with whichever of the following documents is relevant to your claim:
- Tour Operator’s Confirmation of Booking Invoice
- Copies of Airline tickets, electronic tickets or boarding passes
- Original receipts for all medical bills and reports and confirmation of admittance and discharge from the hospital of medical claims
- Original receipts for all items claimed
- Irregularity report from the airline if baggage is lost or damaged by the airline
- Written confirmation from airline/shipping lines regarding the period of delay and the reasons
if you are claiming for Luggage Delay/Travel Delay/Missed Travel Connection/Travel Overbooked/
Missed Departure/Travel Reroute
- Police Report & Currency Exchange Slip for Money and Theft Claims
- Written confirmation from hotels or handling agents in respect of a claim for loss of use of
- Police report or Bomba report for a claim on Home Contents
Can I buy a separate travel insurance cover for my child?
Yes, you can. The rate will be charged based on the individual plan and for a single trip only.
All the benefits offered in the travel insurance are the same with the exception of the death benefit which is RM62,500.
One of the child's parents must sign the proposal form on the life of the insured child.
Can I claim for travel delay in the event of a terrorist attack at the airport?
In the unlikely event that this happens, the answer is, unfortunately, no.
While this plan offers coverage for terrorism and hijacking, it only covers you in respect of death or physical injury sustained through acts of terrorism.
Oddly enough, this is also provided that there is no liability when such acts of terrorism involve the use of biological, chemical agents or nuclear devices.
Is it possible to cancel my policy and get a refund on the premiums paid?
Unfortunately, no refund of premiums is allowed once the policy has been issued.
What are the main exclusions for the MSIG TravelRight Plus Plan 1?
There are several situations in which MSIG will not pay. Some of the main exclusions include:
- War and related risks.
- Government regulations or acts of authorities of any country.
- Hazardous adventure activities.
- Suicide, self-inflicted injuries or illness.
- The effect or influence of drugs or alcohol.
- AIDS, AIDS-related complications and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, abortion or miscarriage.
- Psychological disorders