What does Z-Travel Silver travel insurance cover?
Z-Travel Insurance (International) Silver Plan by Zurich Insurance Malaysia Berhad is an insurance protection plan for traveller embarking on an international or overseas trip only.
This Zurich travel insurance product provides compensation to policyholders in the event of injuries, disabilities or death caused by accident.
Besides, you are also covered for the medical expenses incurred as a result of accident or illness, amateur sports (scuba diving, winter sports, bungee jumping, etc) and travel inconvenience during your overseas journey.
Who can apply for Zurich Z-Travel Silver travel insurance plan?
Z-Travel Silver is offered to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians with permanent resident status, valid student or work permit or Malaysia My Second Home status.
The age requirement to apply for this Zurich travel insurance plan is based on the type of cover such as:
- For Individual, Couple and Family Plan: 30 days - 70 years old
- For Senior Plan: 71 - 85 years old
- For Child covered under Family Plan: 30 days - 23 years old (full-time student)
- For Annual Plan: 30 days - 70 years old
In which countries does Zurich travel insurance cover?
The coverage provided in this Zurich travel insurance plan is valid in selected countries in Asia and worldwide such as below:
Area 1: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam (excluding Tibet, Malaysia and Mongolia)
Area 2: Worldwide (excluding Canada, Mongolia, Nepal, Tibet and USA)
Area 3: Worldwide
The premium rates on the table above are for Area 1 and Area 3.
What events are not covered by Zurich Z-Travel Silver travel insurance?
Here are some of the exclusions under this Zurich travel insurance:
- War or any act of wars
- Your participation in strikes or riots
- Murder, intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except for saving human's life)
- Traveling to get overseas medical treatments, check-ups or advice
- Pre-existing conditions
- Mountaineering or any activity above 3,000 meters height
How can I claim for accident and compensation under Zurich Z-Travel Silver?
To claim your compensation under the Z-Travel Silver travel insurance plan, you need to provide full disclosure of details of the accident and any expenses incurred to Zurich.
This information must be sent together with a claim form and relevant supporting documents to the Head Office or at any Zurich branches.