What is Etiqa SecureLink Insurance?
Etiqa SecureLink insurance is a regular premium investment-linked plan that offers you the flexibility to choose the right protection plans according to your priority and budget.
Offering a high coverage of death and TPD of up to RM2 Million, Etiqa also allows you to add on additional coverage or riders so that you can maximise your protection.
It is worth noting that this investment-linked policy is equipped with Enricher, a top-up portion to prevent your policy from lapsing early due to unforeseen circumstances such as when you opt for a payment holiday or make a partial withdrawal from your account, for examples.
What are the key benefits of Etiqa SecureLink plan?
There are four key benefits of this Etiqa insurance plan:
- Comprehensive Riders - You can choose to take up any of the 12 available riders to strengthen your policy's coverage and protection (such as medical card, personal accident, critical illness, hospital income, female illness, premium waiver and payor waiver).
- Continuous Cover - Even after you have received your TPD payment, you'll still receive other benefits from your chosen rider. Terms and conditions apply.
- Loyalty Bonus - Every three years, starting from the 7th policy year, a loyalty bonus of 0.1% of the sum insured will automatically be added to your account.
- Cash Payment for Death and TPD - You or your nominated loved ones will receive cash payment upon your death or TPD.
What insurance riders can I add on to this life insurance plan?
1. Investment-Linked Medical Plus - IL Medical Plus
This rider will give you the benefits of having a medical card with a high annual limit of up to RM2 Million to cover pre-hospitalisation, hospitalisation and outpatient benefits.
It also covers alternative medicine treatments, cancer treatments, organ transplants and kidney dialysis.
Moreover, there's no limit on Room & Board days - this means it's okay if you're (unfortunately) hospitalised for 365 days.
2. Investment-Linked CI Plus - IL CI Plus
This rider will cover you for 68 critical illnesses, including mental illness, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, stroke and heart attack.
3. Investment-Linked Female Essential - IL Female Essential
Why have two insurance plans just to get the Female-related illness coverage when you can have it combined in your Etiqa SecureLink Insurance plan? This rider covers female cancers starting from early stage (Carcinoma in Situ) to fibroids or ovarian cysts.
Even better, it also provides maternity benefits, menopause benefits and pregnancy & baby care! It also benefits you greatly as 100% of the sum insured amount will be restored 12 months after you make your Female Carcinoma in Situ claim.
4. Investment-Linked Cancer Shield - IL Cancer Shield
Did you know that not all critical illness insurance plans cover Gender-specific cancers? This rider protects you from female-related cancers (cervical, ovarian, uterus, vagina, breast) and male-related cancers (testicular, prostate, penile).
As you know, cancer treatments, especially during the advanced stages are costly. Etiqa will provide 200% of the sum insured amount for Gender-specific advanced stage cancers. And, the sum insured will be restored to 100% 12 months after you make your early stage cancer claim.
5. Investment-Linked Waiver of Premium for TPD - IL Waiver of Premium for TPD
Sure, cash payments may help ease the financial burden off from you and your family when you can no longer work and live as usual.
But that's just for a while and you don't know what future illnesses you'll get. With Investment-Linked Waiver of Premium for TPD, Etiqa will continue covering you without you having to pay the premium upon your TPD.
6. Investment-Linked Accelerated Critical Illness - IL Accelerated Critical Illness
Not as great as Investment-Linked Critical Illness Plus, this rider covers you for only 39 critical illnesses including AIDS, heart attack, cancer and stroke.
7. Investment-Linked Accidental Benefit - IL Accidental Benefit
With this rider, Etiqa will provide financial cushion upon accidental death and dismemberment. The coverage includes medical appliances/mobility aid allowances and a compassionate cash benefit.
Often commuting via public transport? This rider will give you 2x cash payouts for accidental incidents while travelling on public transport.
8. Investment-Linked Hospital Cash Benefit - IL Hospital Cash Benefit
Don't worry about losing your income when hospitalised. With this rider, Etiqa will give you up to RM800 DAILY hospital cash benefit.
Be it in Malaysia or overseas, ICU, CCU, NICU or hospitalisation due to pregnancy-related illnesses, you can relax and focus on your recovery. The rider covers normal ward too.
9. Investment-Linked Junior Critical Illness - IL Junior Critical Illness
If the life insured is diagnosed with any one of the juvenile CI, don't worry, as a lump sum of the rider insured amount is payable up to the policy anniversary prior to the 17th birthday.
10. Investment-Linked Waiver of Premium for Critical Illness - IL Waiver of Premium for Critical Illness
If the life insured is diagnosed with any of the 38 critical illnesses within the rider term, this rider will waive future premiums of the policy.
11. Investment-Linked Payor Waiver of Premium (Juvenile) - IL Payor Waiver of Premium (Juvenile)
When the policy owner dies, suffers from TPD or is diagnosed with any of the 38 critical illnesses, future premiums are waived and borne by Etiqa.
12. Investment-Linked Payor Waiver of Premium (Spouse) - IL Payor Waiver of Premium (Spouse)
With this rider, future premiums of the policy will be waived in the unfortunate event of death of the policy owner, or the policy owner is diagnosed with any of the 38 critical illnesses, or suffers from TPD.
How does an investment-linked policy work?
By choosing an investment-linked policy, the product is tied to the performance of the investment fund(s) that you selected.
That means a portion of your premium is used to purchase units in the investment fund(s).
The charge, including the charges to pay for your insurance cover, will be deducted from your account value.
In order for you to be continuously covered for the full policy term, your account value must be sufficient.
When facing risks that your account value may not be sufficient, you can either top up your premium payment or reduce your insurance coverage.
This is an insurance product that is tied to the performance of underlying assets and it is not a pure investment product such as unit trust.