What is Smart Edu?
Gibraltar BSN Smart Edu is a plan that offers the combined benefit of insurance protection, savings and investments. It is primarily a plan to protect your child’s education expenses when the time comes for them to attend university or alternative tertiary education.
Upon its maturity, the plan can be converted to a full new Investment-Linked life protection plan with the same Initial or Current Basic Sum Assured, without underwriting. Remember that terms and conditions for this upgrade will apply so when you want to switch the plan over, consult your insurance agent for more details.
What are the current benefits?
Since this plan is made specifically for the benefit of your child’s educational future, it offers protection for both education expenses and regular life protection. Details for this plan benefits are as follows;
- Death Benefit: In the case of Death for the Life Assured, 100% of the selected Basic Sum Insured and the Investment Account Value (if any) shall be payable.
- Total and Permanent Disability: If the Life Assured is ailed with TPD, 100% of the selected Basic Sum Insured and the Investment Account Value (if any) shall be payable.
- Smart Payor Junior: A critical illness benefit. Upon the Life Assured’s Death, TPD or diagnosis of ne of the 36 Critical Illnesses, all future premiums of the policy will be waived.
- Education Bonus: Upon the Maturity of the policy, 10% of the accumulated premium paid shall be payable.
- Education Expenses Benefit: RM2000 shall be credited into the Investment Account upon the completion of the fifth (5th) Policy Year.
- Maturity Benefit: Upon Maturity of the Policy, the Investment Account Value (if any) and Education Bonus shall be payable.
How much is the coverage?
Minimum Sum Assured for this policy is RM144,000 there is currently no maximum sum insured, which means the amount you wish will be subject to the policy underwriting.
Coverage for this policy can begin as early as 30 days old. If you are purchasing this policy for your child remember that you can register them anytime from a month old to 15 years of age. Your child will be covered by the plan up till the age of 25 years or when they complete their higher education, or in the case the plan is converted into a full-fledged whole life protection plan.