RinggitPlus is looking for a data leader to transform the way Malaysians find, apply and purchase financial products!
Join Malaysia’s most prominent fintech company as the lead Data Scientist, you will apply data science methods to our (large) internal and external data sets to capture meaningful trends in digital marketing, credit decisioning, wealth and insurance, and use those trends to push insights and build models which will sit at the core of our business and technology stack, all with the simple goal to help make money simple for Malaysians.
As the team lead, you will also be given the opportunity to hire, train, mentor and grow the Data Science team to reach their potential.
- Requirements gathering – Communicate frequently with members of different departments to identify business issues (large and small), formulate hypotheses on how to use data to make processes more efficient, solve problems or improve economics
- Research and Testing – Identify issues, build probabilistic models to predict outcomes based on historical data, or use statistical data analysis and technologies to drive decision making
- Implementation, reporting & refinement – Implement algorithms and models into business and tech stack where applicable, and identify, monitor, report on and measure the quality of model deployments and business processes over time
- Stakeholder Management – data impacts several departments and thus any data-driven change needs to be communicated and tied back to business objectives to align stakeholders
- Hiring, training & Mentoring – lead and grow a kickass data science team
- 3+ years of experience in similar data science roles, with a minimum of 1+ in a supervisory role
- PhD or Masters in Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or any other related computational/quantitative discipline
- Deep knowledge of linear and non-linear regression modelling, model validation signals analysis, time series analyses
- Industry familiarity with credit models, customer lifecycle and value maximization models, machine learning algorithms and NLP a plus
- Advanced SQL expertise, ability to write complex queries spanning over multiple databases and foreign keys, based on a simple high-level brief
- Working knowledge and comfort with English, R, Python, Matlab, Tableau, and/or any other relevant statistical modelling, visualization, large dataset handling languages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to clearly and effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
- Problem hunter (and solver of course), looking for issues which can be solved with data by analyzing root causes, developing hypotheses and testing regularly to prove mitigation or resolution
- Experience in hiring, training and mentoring a data science team to maximise the team’s potential to deliver the business objectives
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]