We're looking for an experienced individual contributor to build new services, improve and iterate existing products, and reduce time taken to discover and recover from bugs and mishaps. Though you’ll rarely work with external clients or end-users we expect a “customer first” mindset, understanding business need to highlight vulnerabilities and provide continuous monitoring and testing across all platforms.
Writing code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practice for a high-scale web environment, you’ll maintain and advocate for these standards through code review. You’ll need to be curious and quick learning.
We don't expect you to have experience in every technology we use, but to learn and be productive quickly. Here’s some of the things we use: Golang - building APIs; AWS resources - Cloudformation, Lambda, DynamoDb, SQS, IAM, API Gateway, RDS; NPM, NodeJs, Serverless framework - setup, configure and deploy backend services into AWS; HTTP protocol - REST and Websocket; LUA - building Chatbots
- Solve interesting technical problems, design and build solutions
- Write great code and through review, help others write great code
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Golang experience ideal)
- Define technical tasks and timelines, maintain velocity
- Ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support
- Improve scalability, stability, and efficiency of our existing systems
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data to improve software
Your Know How
- 8+ years working experience
- Proficiency in back-end programming languages
- Experience with AWS cloud native infrastructure
- Technical and user experience to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to thrive in an asynchronous fully remote organisation
Ready for the challenge?
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]