What is AIA's A-Plus Early Critical Care about?
The A-Plus Early Critical Care is a critical illness rider that you can attach to a conventional Investment-linked insurance plan.
This insurance rider will support you financially for up to 92 major illness events at any level of severity.
What is the coverage period for this critical illness rider?
Those aged between 14 days and 60 years old can apply for the A-Plus Early Critical Care rider.
You can be insured up till the age of 85!
Tell me more about the benefits?
- Early stage coverage - you will receive a payout for early diagnosis of a critical illness. For low severity, you will receive 30% of your sum assured, 60% for medium, and all 100% for a high severity condition.
- No waiting period - There will be no waiting period between claims. Multiple claims can go up to a maximum of 120% of your basic sum assured.
- Extra Benefits - you will receive cash benefit of an additional 20% of your sum assured when you are diagnosed for any one of the covered Diabetic related diseases.
I am a smoker. Does this affect how much premium I will pay?
Yes, of course - if there's a good time to stop smoking, now is a good time!
Because you have a lower health risk, non-smokers pay a lower premium. Also, your premium will also increase as you age.
There is an upside - your premiums apportioned to this rider are eligible for tax relief of up to RM3,000.
How do I submit a claim to AIA?
Below are the documents you would need to provide AIA when making a claim:
- Claimant Statement
- Physician’s Statement (by disease type)
- Certified Medical Test Results e.g. MRI/ CT Scan, Dialysis card, Biopsy / Histopathology report
- 5 copies of Consent Form and Patient’s card
- Policy Contract (if any)