What is AIA A-Plus Early Critical Care?
AIA A-Plus Early Critical Care is a critical illness insurance rider that you can attach to a conventional Investment-linked insurance plan.
This insurance rider will support you financially for up to 92 major illness events at any level of severity.
What is the coverage period for this critical illness rider?
Those aged between 14 days and 60 years old can apply for the A-Plus Early Critical Care rider.
You can be insured up till the age of 85!
What are the benefits of this AIA insurance?
These are the benefits of the AIA insurance:
- Early stage coverage - you will receive a payout for early diagnosis of a critical illness. For low severity, you will receive 30% of your sum assured, 60% for medium, and all 100% for a high severity condition.
- No waiting period - There will be no waiting period between claims. Multiple claims can go up to a maximum of 120% of your basic sum assured.
- Extra Benefits - you will receive cash benefit of an additional 20% of your sum assured when you are diagnosed for any one of the covered Diabetic related diseases.
How do I submit a claim to AIA insurance Malaysia?
Below are the documents you would need to provide AIA insurance Malaysia when making a claim:
- Claimant Statement
- Physician’s Statement (by disease type)
- Certified Medical Test Results e.g. MRI/ CT Scan, Dialysis card, Biopsy / Histopathology report
- 5 copies of Consent Form and Patient’s card
- Policy Contract (if any)
I am a smoker. Does this affect my AIA A-Plus Early Critical Care premium?
Yes, of course - if there's a good time to stop smoking. Now is a good time!
Because when you stop smoking, you will have a lower health risk. Therefore, non-smokers pay a lower AIA A-Plus Early Critical Care premium.
Please take note that your critical illness insurance premium will also increase as you age.
There is an upside - your premiums apportioned to this rider are eligible for tax relief of up to RM3,000.