What is the Hong Leong C. Saver Plan all about?
With Hong Leong Assurance, receive up to 300% of your sum assured when you make multiple claims for your cancer treatment at the hospital. All future premium will be waived upon claim.
Also, if you have made no claims throughout your policy term, you will enjoy 100% of your sum assured - means the RM1000's you fork out in premium payments won't go to the insurance company!
Tell me more about the cancer coverage benefits?
With the C. Saver Plan, you and your family will be given time to plan and reshuffle your finances when you are diagnosed for very early or advanced stage cancer. You can make multiple claims for the same cancer or organ, and receive an accumulated claim of 300% your initial sum assure.
Not sure how that works? Let's say that you've signed up for the Hong Leong Assurance C. Saver Plan for a sum assured of RM50,000. You are then diagnosed with very early stage lung cancer. At this stage you can claim 50% of your sum insured or RM25,000. When it moves on to early stage lung cancer, you can claim effectively up to 150% of your sum assured (RM75,000 - RM25,000 = RM50,000), and finally up to 300% your sum assured (RM150,000 - RM25,000 - RM50,000 = RM75,000) if your illness moves on to the advance stage.
Will I get death and total and permanent disability coverage?
All of your sum assured can be made out to you or your nominee in these unfortunate situations, regardless of whether you've made a cancer claim or not.
However, there are conditions to be eligible for this benefit. If you commit suicide within 12 months of your policy issurance or renewal date, you won't receive the death benefit. For TPD, you won't be eligible for this benefit if you are above 65 years old, and your disability is caused by self-inflicted harm, mental illness, flying a plane, or from very high risk jobs such as being in the polict force or army.
How much can I be assured for?
You will be given the choice of 3 different plans with different sum assured limits - choose wisely, depending on your needs and budget. You can choose a sum assured plan of up to RM25,000, RM50,000, or a maximum of RM100,000. Each plan will allow you to receive for up to 3x the assured amount for recurring cancer claims.
How are my premium payments calculated?
The total premium that you have to pay varies depending on a few factors during the underwriting process, such as the plan chosen, how long you want to be protected, your age when you sign-up, and gender.
How do I make a claim to Hong Leong?
When making a claim, you will need to get ready a written notice to Hong Leong Assurance Berhad. You must include the date of the event, diagnosis details, the cause, and place of the event.
What are the exclusions for Hong Leong Assurance C. Saver Plan?
- Pre-existing condition.
- All cancers presenting or diagnosed within 60 days from the issue date, alteration effective date or reinstatement date of your policy, whichever is the latest.
- All cancers which are classified as
a) Premalignant (for example cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / CIN I, II or III, essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia rubra vera) or having either borderline malignancy / low malignant potential.
b) Carcinoma in situ (except Ductal carcinoma in situ breast, Carcinoma in situ cervix and Carcinoma in situ colon).
- All skin cancers except malignant melanoma which are >1.5 mm thickness or metastatic skin cancers.
- All cancers related to HIV infection.
- Unreasonable failure to follow medical treatment.
- Very early cancers and early cancers if death occurs within 7 days following the date of diagnosis of cancer.
- Advanced cancers if death occurs within 28 days following the date of diagnosis of cancer.
This benefit is not eligible for claims if it happens within the first 12 months from the policy issue date, alteration effective date or reinstatement date, whichever is the latest.
Total and Permanent Disability Benefit
The policy does not cover total and permanent disability benefit resulting from
- self-inflicted bodily injury while sane or insane.
- nervous disorder or mental illness.
- flying in an aircraft (except as an aircrew member or a paying passenger on a commercial airline).
- whatsoever while as a member of the armed forces, police and paramilitary forces due to declared or undeclared war, riots or civil commotion.