While Malaysia is renowned worldwide to have among the best healthcare system and facilities, getting access to these facilities can either be troublesome or costly. We live active lives trying to provide life’s necessities and comfortable living for our families. By doing so, we expose ourselves to additional risks and should something unfortunate happen to us, our future as well as that of our children’s are at stake. Therefore, having access to a complete and comprehensive medical plan is no longer a luxury today, it’s a necessity.
What is this policy all about?
The A-Life Med Regular-i is a standalone Takaful medical insurance plan that offers comprehensive hospitalisation and surgical benefits for persons insured up to 100 years old. Policy holders will be able to enjoy medical coverage with no co-takaful fee or lifetime limit.
What are the benefits of this medical insurance?
Unlike the majority of regular medical plans, the A-Life Med Regular-i has no lifetime limit, so you can rests assure that you and your family’s healthcare needs will be taken care of for life. The policy also pays your medical claim in full, without imposing any hidden fees like co-takaful or deductible charges.
A medical card will also be given to you to ease admission and discharge at all panel hospitals. To make things simpler, you can also choose to insure your spouse and your children under the Family plan. Note that each Family Plan coverage is limited to a maximum of 4 children only.
What kind of assistance can I get from this policy?
As a policy holder, you are able to enjoy worldwide assistance services by calling AIA’s 24-hour service hotline, 603-21665421. The range of services under the Referral Emergency Assistance (REA) Programme services include:
- International Medical Assistance Programme – for emergency medical evacuation and repatriation back to Malaysia, repatriation of remains, medical assistance and travel information.
- Domestic Medical Assistance Programme – For emergency medical evacuation, repatriation and medical assistance within Malaysia
- Car Assistance Programme – Emergency towing and minor roadside repair services, car rentals and referral to service centres.
- Home Assistance Programme – Plumbing, locksmithing, general home repairs, air conditioning and pest control.
- Travel Assistance Programme – Provides information regarding travel Visa, passport, vaccination requirements, assistance in locating lost items and emergency message relays.
Who is eligible to purchase this insurance policy?
For new persons to be insured, any healthy Malaysian between the age of 14 days old until 70 years old are eligible to be covered under this policy. Existing policy holders will have the option to renew until the age of 100 years.
If you would like to apply for your child – listed as a dependent – to be covered, the child should be between 14 days old to 22 years old, subject to the policy’s terms and conditions
Do I get any coverage when travelling overseas?
Besides Singapore and Brunei, AIA Public Takaful will not cover any medical treatment incurred outside of Malaysia if you have resided or travelled overseas for more than 90 days consecutively.
Do I get to enjoy any kind of bonus cash payments?
Any Surplus will be determined and declared by AIA Public Takaful at least once a year. The net Surplus shall be shared by AIA Public Takaful and the Participant at a 50%-50% ratio.