What is Maybank MediRider?
This is a medical plan by Maybank which helps you reduce the financial burden of personal medical expenses. You’ll receive a MediRider card which you can use at panel hospitals for hassle-free admission.
What makes this medical plan so special is that you also have the choice of taking up the extended medical plan with added benefits. Maybank MediRider can also be attached to select Maybank life insurance plan to keep you fully covered!
Why should I get the medical extended plan?
The extended plan is called the MediRider Plus. Among the extended benefits is coverage for procedures such as organ transplants, prosthesis and implant; as well as out-patient benefits for kidney dialysis treatment and cancer treatment.
These extra benefits will only cost you as low as RM71 per year, depending on your age and other factors determined by Maybank Life Assurance.
Who is eligible for this medical plan?
This medical insurance covers anyone – from babies as old as 30 days of age, to senior citizens who are 75 years old. However, the entry age is set at 59 years. If you wish to extend the coverage, you can renew this medical plan until you reach the age of 75.
Do I still need to pay any medical costs?
Yes, but only 10% of the total medical bill. This is also known as co-insurance in which you're sharing the medical costs with the insurance provider. The remaining 90% (which is also the maximum insured amount) will be covered by Mayban Life Assurance.
For example if your total medical bill is RM10,000 in total, all you need to pay before making your medical claim is RM1,000. Mayban Life Assurance will cover the remaining RM9,000!
What out-patient benefits does this plan provide?
The basic MediRider plan covers the following:
- Pre-hospitalisation diagnostic tests, pre-hospitalisation specialist consultation and post-hospitalisation of up to 60 days each.
- Emergency accident outpatient treatment and emergency accident dental treatment of up to 31 days from date of accident
- Medical report fees and day surgery.
For MediRider Plus, the extra out-patient benefits are as follows:
- Kidney dialysis treatment, cancer treatment, organ transplants, as well as the prosthesis and implant coverage of up to RM40,000.
How do I pay my premiums?
You can choose to auto-debit your premiums from your savings account, current account or credit card. Maybank also gives you the option of paying the premiums monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.