What is Citibank Premium Checking Account about?
Citibank Premium Checking Account is an integrated deposit account that combines savings and current accounts' features, and opens to all Citibank customers. This interest-bearing checking account rewards profit when your balance hit a minimum of RM10,000.
To open an account, you only need a minimum deposit of RM5,000 for Citibank customer, and RM10,000 for Citigold members.
How is the interest rate calculated?
The interest rate will only be charged when you have a balance of at least RM10,000 in your checking account. The highest interest rate you can get is 1.25% p.a., when your account balance reach RM1 million.
However, Citibank customers will earn slightly less percentage as compared to Citigold members.
What do I get upon opening of this Citibank current account?
There are more than meet the eyes with Citibank Premium Checking Account, such as:
- Citibank Debit & ATM card and a personalized cheque book will be issued to you within 3 days after successful account opening
- Convenience of cross-border fund transfers and account overview via Citibank Global Transfer and Online Global View
- Emergency cash withdrawal up to US$10,000 at any Citibank branches worldwide
- Access to over 20,000 Citibank ATM worldwide, 11,000 MEPS ATMs nationwide
- Free Interbank GIRO fund transfer which otherwise could cost you RM0.11...and many more!
Is it safe to keep my money in this current account?
Absolutely. You can rest assured that your fixed deposit with Citibank is guaranteed up to RM250,000 by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia.