Overview of UOB Credit Cards In Malaysia
A great range of credit cards catering to every lifestyle. There are plenty of UOB credit card benefits, from unique privileges, premium benefits and outstanding rewards through the UOB UNIRinggit Rewards Programme. Find the card that works for you and make an online application.
What are the Features and Benefits of UOB Credit Cards in Malaysia?
With UOB YOLO Visa, you will not be going to miss out on the latest food and online trends anymore. You only need to make a minimum of 16 transactions in online and dining categories combined to earn 8% cashback, capped at RM50 a month.
That’s not all! With UOB One Visa Platinum credit card, there are wide range cashback categories you can earn cashback for, such as Cinema, Petrol, Groceries, and Telco. Be sure to maximize your cashback earnings by spending over the weekend to earn increased cashback!
UNIRinggit Reward Points
The UOB credit card rewards programme is called UNIRinggit Reward Points, and is designed to reward you for spending with UOB credit cards. So it’s great that some UOB credit cards offer UNIRinggit Reward Points multipliers!
If your lifestyle requires you to travel the world, UOB Visa Infinite gives you 5x UNIRinggit for every Ringgit spent overseas. UNIRM Points will be credited to you when you purchase items online in foreign currency. Other qualified local transactions earn you 1 UNIRinggit Point.
Plus, you can also double your UNIRinggit Points every quarter when you meet the minimum purchase requirements as set out for the quarter, subject to a first come, first serve basis.
Air Miles, Airport and Travel Benefits
With every UNIRinggit Point you earn, you can redeem air miles easily.
Every 7,000 UNIRinggit Points earned, can redeem 1,000 Enrich Miles. Use your Enrich Miles to redeem free flights, or even upgrade your seat and travel in style!
On top of that, you can enjoy infinite travel benefits with UOB Visa Infinite, the one UOB Malaysia credit card that offers perks ranging from airport lounge access, airport rides, immigration fast track, airport dining and even free air miles! Also, get complimentary travel insurance coverage worth RM500,000.
The SMART$ Rebate Programme is a unique instant cash rebate program where you can pay for any purchases made from selected merchants with SMART Dollar. It is as good as cash.
Watch out for merchants bearing the SMART$ logo at their storefronts when you are out shopping because this privilege only applies to participating outlets. For every RM1 charged to your UOB Preferred Platinum MasterCard, you earn 1 SMART$ Rebate.
Contactless Payment - UOB Visa Checkout
UOB is giving you greater flexibility and convenience to your payment method with Visa Contactless. All you need is a single UOB Visa Checkout account to handle all your online purchases.
With just a single login to your Visa Checkout account, you can make the purchase directly without having to leave the merchant’s website. You can keep your billing and shipping address intact and ensure peace of mind as your personal information is protected with industry standard multi-layer security.
Flexible Lines of Credit
Malaysia may have the most shopping malls in the Asian region, if not the world, but UOB credit cards do not limit your shopping appetite.
UOB Balance Transfer
Enjoy great savings when you transfer your outstanding balances from other credit cards to your UOB Credit Card! Repay your balances at lower interest with flexible repayment tenures of up to 18 months. You can even choose to pay fixed amounts or decide on your own repayment amount every month!
UOB Flexi Credit Plan
Get extra cash with UOB Flexi Credit Plan and enjoy a low rate at 9.2% per annum. Flexible repayment plans of up to 24 months with fast processing time enable you to enjoy life to the fullest with financial freedom!
UOB Easi-Payment Plan
Convert your UOB Card Purchases into easy monthly instalments from 6 to 36 months and enjoy upfront interest as low as 2.99%. With minimum payment as low as RM500, you can even bundle up more than one purchase and convert them to UOB Easi-Payment Plan!
UOB Instalment Payment Plan
Zero in on your heart’s desire as you don’t have to wait to spend on the things you love with UOB Instalment Payment Plan. Pay for your purchases over 12, 18, 24 or 36 months at 0% interest with one-time upfront fee as low as 2% when you shop at any of UOB 0% Instalment Payment Plan merchant outlets.
In addition, you can also convert your children's tuition payment into a 12-month Education Instalment Plan at 0% interest. The maximum transaction should not exceed RM20,000 for this plan.
UOB Cash Advance
Nothing beats having instant cash whenever you need it! UOB Cash Advance offers instant cash anywhere, anytime. It’s so simple and convenient! You can apply via ATM withdrawal, UOB Personal Internet Banking, UOB branches and even at other banks. All you need is your Personal Identification Number (PIN) which can be requested by calling UOB 24-hour Call Centre.
UOB Credit Shield Plus
Get peace of mind by having financial protection. With a monthly premium of only RM0.65 per month for every RM100 outstanding balance, UOB CreditShield Plus offers free coverage for the first 30 days upon application approval.
You also get to enjoy complimentary additional payout for Death, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) or diagnosis of the 36 Critical Illnesses. To apply, call UOB 24-hour Call Centre.
How do I increase my UOB credit card credit limit?
There is a solution to greater financial freedom and flexibility! You can choose to have a Permanent Line Adjustment (PLA) by having a new credit limit to suit your living standards or a Temporary Line Adjustment (TLA), which offers 30 days credit limit increase in the event of emergencies or last-minute purchase settlement.
Whether it is permanent or temporary credit limit increase, you can apply by calling UOB 24-hour Call Centre and fax in your three (3) latest income documents to 03-2690 0121.
What is the UOB credit card interest rate?
UOB adopts a tiered interest rate at the BNM-approved range of 15% - 18% per annum. The interest rate charged will commonly be higher should you have a history of inconsistent repayments and lower interest rate if you are prompt in repayments.
In addition, do keep a look out for the UOB credit card annual fee. For example, while the UOB ONE card annual fee is RM168, some UOB credit card has an annual fee waiver upon certain spending or usage. The UOB YOLO card waives its monthly fee as long as you use it at least once a month, while the UOB Visa Infinite annual fee waiver kicks in when your annual spending exceeds RM50,000.
What are the minimum monthly repayments for UOB credit cards?
UOB credit card members are required to make minimum monthly repayments of 5% of the current balance or a minimum of RM50, whichever is higher. Monthly repayments will have to be made on the stipulated due date.
Failing to do so may result to late payment charge of a minimum of RM10 or 1% of total outstanding balance (excluding interests and fees), whichever is higher and up to a maximum of RM100.
How much does it cost to get a replacement UOB credit card?
If your UOB credit card got lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a replacement credit card for RM50 per card and RM500 per Metal card. You will generally receive your new card within 5-7 working days from the date of issuance.
Am I eligible to apply for UOB credit cards?
To apply for a UOB bank credit card, the principal cardholder will have to be at least 21 years old, while the supplementary cardholder is to be at least 18 years old. Minimum annual income differs from card to card.
What are the documents required to apply for UOB credit card?
You can compare and apply for UOB credit card here. To speed up your UOB credit card application, it’s best to prepare the documents required for UOB credit card application.
If you are a Salaried Employee, please provide:
- Latest Salary Slip
- Latest EPF statements
- Latest tax return with LHDN receipt
- Personal bank statement (showing salary credited)
If you are Self-Employed, please provide:
- Latest 6 months bank statement (showing business turnover)
- Form 9 & 24
- Latest tax return with LHDN receipt
How do I apply for a UOB Credit Card?
UOB credit card application can be made online! All you have to do is to compare all the UOB credit cards and apply now. Keep a look out also for the latest UOB credit card promotion.
Best UOB Credit Cards in Malaysia:
- UOB Visa Infinite The asking price for luxury is often steep, which is why few can actually afford it. Here’s a UOB credit card that matches your exclusive lifestyle. The UOB Visa Infinite offers exquisite travel experiences such as complimentary airport rides, airport lounge access, travel insurance, air miles redemption, and golf benefits. And, if you activate and spend RM3,000 within 60 days from the card approval date, you’ll earn 3,000 Enrich Miles for free!
- UOB YOLO Visa Eat, Drink, Play and Repeat with UOB YOLO Visa – a cashback credit card that every millennial should have in their pocket. Seize every day and let the UOB YOLO card earn you 8% cashback when you spend on online and dining, apart from exclusive deals and discounts all year long such as RM5 movie tickets.
- UOB One Visa Platinum Earn cashback with the UOB ONE Visa Platinum credit card. You’ll get extra savings on fun-filled weekends and exclusive dining discounts! One of the UOB ONE Card benefits is the most rewarding: UOB ONE card rebate of up to 8% cashback for all everyday spending with the UOB ONE card Malaysia. Save more with SMART$ Rebate of up to 10%.
- UOB Lady’s Platinum MasterCard Here’s a UOB card that every shopaholic should own. Designed for independent women with an eye for the finer things in life, enjoy a wide array of beauty, fashion, dining and shopping privileges - and earn cash rebates along the way.
- UOB PRVI Miles Card Earn Air Miles faster with every swipe! The best travel credit card that ensures you save more while reaping the benefits of spending, UOB PRVI Miles Card is the name of the game. Enjoy 5x UNIRinggit when you use the card overseas or on hotels, airlines, travel agencies, plus 50% off Grab rides to and from airports.
- UOB Preferred Platinum MasterCard A preferred lifestyle begins with the right credit card. The UOB Preferred Platinum MasterCard is an invitation-only credit card that is packed with benefits and privileges suitable for your lifestyle. Earn up to 3X UNIRinggit all year long, with no minimum spend required and no limitations. Plus, enjoy 50% off Grab rides to and from airports.